Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch connection issue and no fix yet

Madcatz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

I have had an Apple Watch series 4 for over a year now and it worked fine with my old iPhone XR i unpaired it from that when i collected my iphone 11 on September the 20th and tried to pair it with the new phone but am getting no mobile data the watch works fine via bluetooth I just can't use the watch without the phone I've tried all the tech support stuff  while speaking with vodafone tech support twice I've had apple check the watch they found no fault with watch itself and i have been in to vodafone shop they put in for the line to be reconnected and it has not been done I'm now on my fourth day of contacting them online and i keep getting told the same thing wait twenty four hours and it'll be done it never is done I have very little faith left in them I've just been told wait again it's just not good enough if they don't sort it in the next couple of hours I'll be back on there again and I'll be lodging a complaint as it is just really bad to keep being told the same thing and nothing happening I'm so stuck in a catch twenty two i can't end the contract because it will cost me an amount that i can't afford and i can't keep paying it they have offered compensation for the days that it was disconnected for once it's reconnected but that is just not enough any more no one seems to really no what they are doing it's been over a month what can i do if it doesn't get sorted out  aargh what am i to do 

9 REPLIES 9

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Nothing should stop you from connecting properly @Madcatz and we'd love to help get your Apple Watch working to it's full potential again. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

Just to let you know, you are in for one hell of a ride. I picked up my Apple Watch series 5 on launch day 20/9/2019 from a Vodafone store, I am too not able to connect the data plan. I've spent over 30 hours on 191, over 50 online chats and two store visits, I also get told wait 24 hours, wait 48 hours or even wait 72 hours. So it's been 33 days and still it's not being sorted, I am appalled !!! I've also complained 5 times and they useless too. Good luck, you will need it with Vodafone.

Thank you for letting me know this I'm glad I'm not the only one having to deal with this issue So far i've lodged my complaint after several attempts at trying to get this sorted out by the tech team I spoke to someone this morning from customer relations who kept interrupting me while i was trying to explain what had been happening and how long it has been going on for and then when i had finished he said can i go in to the Liverpool Street store and i said no I'm not wasting my time going in to a store again he then said that he  had to put me through to the tech support team again and i was told the exact same thing and so far nothing I feel like they are unable to sort it out or fix the problem  and  just don't know what they are doing if i speak to someone again I'm not going to be so reasonable they are going to have to sort it out while I'm on the phone i can't stand being told they can't deal with it like they did this morning I'm not going to continue to pay for something i can't use in the way it's suppose to be able to be used if they don't sort it out and I'm certainly not going to have them try and charge me for disconnecting the line  I'm this close to trying to find out what i need to do next in terms of my complaint and how I escalate it I'm disabled i can't spend all my time dealing with this kind of stress it's making me feel ill up until now I've been quite calm and reasonable

They told me on Saturday that my £65 per month 60gb contract isn't compatible with the Apple Watch series 5! I explained I had done 12 months previous with the same contract using a Apple Watch series 3. They said for it to work I had to change plan. They moved me on to a unlimited tariff which cost more, I was guaranteed that this was the issue so I reluctantly agreed, as this was starting to really take time. So 3 days later the tariff has changed but the watch isn't working! I feel like I've been conned into this £11 per month increase, I am starting to get very mad and frustrated with Vodafone as they keep telling me different things and it's costing me money in the process.

I keep saying to them, what's taking all this time? Are you building a space rocket or something? It's a Watch ?? You just need to connect my watch !!?? They reply with the usual "these things take time" 34 days is too long in my opinion. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DaveyCC and @Madcatz it's disappointing to hear that it's taking longer than expected to connect your watch to mobile data, as we'll need access to your accounts, it's not something we can do here. Please contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK and we'll be able to take a look 👀

I don't use Facebook or twitter, so looks like I am screwed 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DaveyCC Not to worry! You can also contact our support teams by calling 191, or by chatting with us on Live Chat Here

Has anybody managed to get their 4G connection working with Vodafone?

I am really sick and tired of calling them (so far I've counted 15 calls) and messaging via Facebook. 

Before buying the watch (and iPhone to go with it) I called and confirmed 2 times that there won't be any additional charges to add this to my plan. They changed the story after I bought them - otherwise I was perfectly happy with my Android... I just wanted to use the watch for cycling and leave the phone behind. After many calls and "call listens with 48 hour call backs"... which they never return... but I had to call and follow up... I had enough trying to get what was promised to me... and ended up agreeing to a separete payment for the watch's 4g plan... But then started another drag... every day I call, they say it's gonna work in the next 24 hours... and it's nothing again... I'm not being funny but the tunes from Vodafone's call waiting are stuck on my head... i am starting to have nightmares... 

I've been a loyal small business customer for a good 15 years now... I don't feel like continueing. The service has been a disaster... is it too much to ask to speak to someone who knows what the hell is going on or to say what exactly is wrong and give a proper timeline rather than giving me this 24 hour hope. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi  I'm sorry there's been a delay getting your Apple watch connected. If you can pop us a private message through Facebook, one of our Social Media team will pick this up for you and work on a resolution whilst you go about your day. We'll then let you know once it's connected, or provide a timeline on when to expect this.