Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch mobile plan activation.

Maxsquared
4: Newbie

Seems to be on this forum a lot last couple of days.

I've just received the new and shiny Apple Watch SE cellular from Apple today, of course I will set it all up, as it's my first cellular watch, am excited to active the mobile plan. But to my surprise, once I logged onto One Number web portal, I got a message saying 'I've reached the top of the mountain' apparently I reached maximum amount of mobile service on my account.  And I was advised to change my subscriptions in my Vodafone app, or to contact Vodafone support. But there isn't an option on my Vodafone app for subscriptions.

Fine. Another chat with the lovely chat team, I first chatted with someone in support, then he/she redirected me to the sale team, where the lovely Gavin persuaded me to take on the additional line with a different number for £7 month a month for the Apple Watch, I agreed to it, as it's inline what Vodafone charges. After the chat and 7 hours later, I am still getting the same message.

Reading other posts, I learnt that some people manage to sort out this issue by remove Watch backups, this clearly doesn't apply to me, as I am getting the same message on a browse on my laptop, therefore the problem is not on my device. And someone suggested your tech team have to change something in the settings on my account for this to work - what's this magic setting? Worst, some people said it never worked for them (oh please Vodafone don't let this happen to me, I do like Vodafone compare all those other **** networks I used before)

Questions are:

1. Where do I go from here? Would you be able to do those magic settings for me?

2. Once magic setting is applied to my account, will I be charged again by signing up Apple Watch plan through my iPhone again? Will I be charged twice?

Thank you,

17 REPLIES 17

i pray for this to be me one day

Did you get connected Vodafone have messed around for nearly two weeks and no success my Apple Watch crashes when I try to download plan

Hi @Corpsey I'm sorry to see that you've been having issues getting your Apple Watch set tup - we'd love to help!

Please drop our team a message over FacebookX, or InstagramWhen reaching out, we'll request a little information before directing you to a member of our Social Media team. Just make sure you include a link to your Community post along with your Community username. Our team will be able to see your query through the link, meaning you won’t need to repeat your question again 

If you don’t have an account with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram you can speak with one of our advisers on Live Chat. They’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any questions you have about your account.

Our dedicated eSIM page has lots of help too, but if you've tried these before just give us a shout on the channels above.

I ain't so lucky, my OneNumber was activated this morning, but still have the 'reached top of the mountain' message. Chatted with your tech support and did a sim swap, now waiting for sim swap to finish... So another 24 hours.

It's been 24 hours after another 24 hours after another 24 hours....

My Apple Watch still not activated, now the eSIM is not being activated?

My flatmate just got a Apple Watch Series 6 (also directly from Apple), and it works out of box. Is there something wrong with my account? Feels like no one can help, call up and chat just keep telling me wait for 24 hours, but it's been like 5 24 hours already.

Issue after issues,

So now my EID is associated with my eSIM, however, when Vodafone initially setup my eSIM profile on One Number they didn't set an activation code. It shows like this:

1$vuk-gto.prod.ondemandconnectivity.com$Not_Set

Now on Apple Watch, whenever I try to activate, it says Unable to config Data Plan.

I'm in the same boat. I have to say that the "Top of the Mountain" message is the most annoying, uninformative and stupid error message I have ever seen.

My problem is compounded by the fact that switching my phone to the eSim as Vodafone suggested has not only not sorted the watch problem, it's also broken my phone. I now cannot ring any Vodafone numbers, including 191!!!

Vodafone need to get a handle on this, the shop I bought the watch from weren't at all surprised when I told them about my problems. (As I forewarned them of the impending return of a watch.)

Best of luck to you.

Mine did get sorted for days, and it was escalated to team leader in their Indian call centre who seems to know what they were doing, keep repeating myself day in and out, told to wait, passed around, it wasn't fun.