Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch not working after upgrade

B3ckys
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all. I have had an Apple Watch 4 since November time and have just upgraded my phone to an iPhone XS. I received the phone Friday, and set it all up, but since then I have not been able to set up the data plan on the watch. It goes to activating, a white screen and then nothing. I've been in the phone to Vodafone customer services every day who have all told me it will 100% be fixed within 24 hours, which it has obviously not been. Their story is they are waiting for the order status to be fulfilled their end, but it's  the same story every day and I'm at the end of my tether now. Anyone had the same issue, or got any ideas what it could be? I've turned them off and on, unpaired and even reset and repaired the watch but nothing..... Thanks in advance 

7 REPLIES 7

Dougsouth
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Almost identically.

my Apple Watch was working for approx 4-6 months then loss data plan.

ive been talking with CS over the last 7 days. Can’t get the plan back into the watch. CS keep asking be to unpair and then re-pair !!! And wait 72 hours then 24 hours. 

Not sure they know what the problem is or how to fix it. 

ONce again been given the run around on chat tonight. Been told a new sim has been ordered and should be working by midnight. There's no second number on my Vodafone app and no way to track the order. The people I'm speaking to make little to no sense and just keep telling me to do the same things and wait. Very poor service by Vodafone. I will update tomorrow if it's worked, but I very much doubt it. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

It's disappointing to hear you're both having trouble getting your Apple Watches connected again @B3ckys and @Dougsouth.

One of our team will be happy to access your accounts and take a closer look into this for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your usernames; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

seems to be a known issue as the exact same has happened to me

TJ

Thanks for getting in touch @lividihard, it's disappointing to hear you're having a similar problem with your Apple Watch. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Hiya. Our issue was fixed by them cancelling the esim and reordering. Hope that helps :Smiling: 

Hi folks,

So I have finally got my issue resolved. Summary of what happened and then how it was resolved.

1. Upgrade completed and watch would not connect to data plan.

2. Multiple Tech agents tried to fix this by removing the e-sim and everything at Vodafone end looked to be fine but would still not work.

3. Multiple attempts to pair the watch and phone also proved pointless.

Eventually, I resorted to making a complaint to the CEO which started to get things moving.

Directors office had to fully delete my entire account and start from scratch, this left me without service for 6 days. There were system issues with the account closure and the account creation again leading to the delay.

Once the new account was created I could then pair the watch and the phone and the data plan was able to connect. However, it did not happen straight away as again the order was getting stuck in the system and the director's office had to intervene and push the order through.

For me, this highlights a massive fundamental flaw in the Vodafone systems handling the apple watch when you upgrade. However, I can't fault the director's office team as once they where engaged they did get it resolved. Everyone else had no idea what to do.