Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch series 6 can’t connect to data plan

Arah9688
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi 

Is anyone facing issue connecting to data plan.  Got my Apple Watch series 6  last week Wednesday.

I have called Vodafone so many time, first they told me to do so sim swap which will take 24h then it will be ok which didn’t work then I called again they said they will reconnect the one number again it will take 48h still no luck.

Called again lady from India who said let me see what she can do been explaining the situation over and over again yet again she couldn’t resolved it as I was getting frustrated she didn’t know what to do she just hanged up.

called again a guy picked up he said he will delete the connection completely this process take 48h said no problem I got a email today saying your one number subscription has been cancelled, so I called today explaining the situation again so he done made the connection again with one number with my primary number, but still saying no sim on the watch, when I go in app and try to connect to data plan it say log on which I do and then message come saying you got maximum number of device registered with your one number.

The best thing about this I can’t even get in touch with the tech team, Iv been on hold for over 1h plus on numerous time and kept all the screenshot of all the time I called, this is crazy being on the phone but no one can help.

will be great if anyone faced the same issue and can help me how you resvoled the issue.

As my contract is coming to out of date if this can’t get resolved I rather give the watch back before 14 days and move to another provider. Didn’t expect to be treated like that after being with Vodafone for 8 years.

Thanks 

28 REPLIES 28

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A forum search will yield more posts from people who have experienced similar to you @Arah9688 especially with the Vodafone One Number feature.

There maybe some advice or tips in these posts that may help.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries may also be able to help.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Foxcub6
4: Newbie

Hi iam going through this problem with mine I have a iPhone 6 and a watch 6 vodafone told me tonight that my phone was to old so I spoke to Apple tech and they claim this is a vodafone issue sick to death of the issues I’ve had with this outfit 

I finally sorted it out, they had to remove the one number service completely then reconnect again after 8 days I was so close giving it back.

gooshy
4: Newbie

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Foxcub6, The latest versions of the Apple watch are only compatible with the iPhone 6s and newer, this is due to the version of the iOS being run on the device. So we can take a closer look into this and check the options available to you, please pop us a private message through one our social channels and we'll be more than happy to help 😊

I'm sorry to hear you've had this kind of experience with us @gooshy, I'm sure one of the dedicated agents we have in our Social Media team will be able to look into this for you. Pop us a private message with your name and mobile number and I'm sure we'll be able to get you connected in no time 💪

Thanks for your reply as I said it was a I phone 6 s I was using I lol be kind the info I was given by your engineer was wrong a d we will leave it at that , I did get my issue sorted via the tech dept I guy called Will , basically he took my one no off from my phone no and readdid it swapped my rain and all is well 

Hi. 
hs anyone had this issue resolved? 
I am so frustrated as my ‘one number’ also isn’t working after almost a month - I am so frustrated. 
move wasted hours and my number was deleted abs reinstalled and still doesn’t work. I’m using an iPhone X and a series 6 watch. Vodafone complaints also have been no help. 

Iv got mine sorted after wasting about 8h of my time 1 to 2h a day, they deleted the one number from the system completely then told me make sure not to connect my watch to any device for 24h once I done master reset,  so then they called me back after 24h and told me to follow there step which worked.

Thank you. I’ve wasted so much time on this issue with incompetent staff - I’m so cross and frustrated. 
When my initial connection was cancelled it was reset up but my phone didn’t have a master reset and was left connected to my phone - I wasn’t told to do otherwise. I wonder if this is the problem. I guess I’ll have to call yet again today. 
thanks for the tip