Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Watch will not connect

JJM2019
2: Seeker

I'm so frustrated I am thinking of sending my Apple Watch back and cancelling my mobile number. Despite 4 long calls to Vodafone support, each time basically resetting my watch and iPhone settings, my watch still won't get connected. I was supposed to have 3rd line support call me - did not. 

this is bound to be an issue with the network rather than my watch or phone - which is what Apple support says. I have spent £100 on accessories and bought Apple care. 

the latest suggestion is go to the shop- but how can they help me with the network setup? And this will be me taking hours off work. 

I'm just fed up hearing the same from 1st line support!! Any suggestions would be really helpful. 

20 REPLIES 20

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm not confident that a Vodafone Highstreet Store can help as they are not primarily in place to deal with account issues @JJM2019 

They are primarily in place to sell new contacts, set them up , supply contract and Payg phones and accessories.

You may find they just suggest you can use the in store phone to ring customer services.

I've seen a few recent posts where people are experiencing issues with Apple Watches and getting them connected which does seem to lean towards account issues.

If you perform a Forum Search you will see those and the advice and experiences within.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here are able to help with account issues but only via the Social Media avenues as detailed in 》 Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have been having a issue with connecting my Apple Watch to my iphone since upgrading it worked fine before then with my old iphone I've had apple check the watch for faults no fault I've made two phone calls to vodafone tech support and been in to the store where  they had me give them the eid number reset network settings unpaired and paired the watch again delete and reinstall the watch app to no avail I've spent three days online trying to get it sorted  and being told it's been escalated to a piority case and will be sorted in 24 hours nothing so far just did the 3rd chat and been told again that it's been escalated and will be done by midnight i have very little faith left I don't want to cancel my contract and can't anyway as it would be of cost to me I'm so unhappy I feel that I'm stuck in a catch 22 and am getting nowhere. I don't know where to go next if it doesn't work   

thrunobulax
When I first got an Apple watch with cellular a year ago it took a few calls and a visit to a store to get the thing connected. I just upgraded my mobile to a new one and tried re-pairing the phone with the watch. All worked fine and al aps worked except I can not get mobile data to to work. I restored all my maps and settings to avoid having to start again on the watch and when you get to the setup mobile data screen it flashes up a page where it tries to connect vodafone but gives top and goes back to the set top screen, If you proceed and try to set it uo later you get the same effect. There is something wrong with Vodafones setup screen process. Endless calls where they tel you to re-pair from scratch are not helpful. The phone knows the EID NUMBER of the watch so it can see it and vodafone are charing me for the £5 per month to enable it It all worked fine on the old iphone Annoying and time consuming

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @thrunobulax, thanks for getting in touch. Nothing should stop you from getting the most out of you Apple Watch. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Same situation for me! New Apple Watch 5 arrived yesterday. Can't get mobile data connected! EID is on my account and active apparently, have repaired the watch with phone numerous times. Each time when it gets to setup mobile data let it just takes me to the Vodafone website homepage! Made numerous calls and just get told to wait a little longer, wait 24 hours, wait 48 hours! why?? If the EID is active on my account then why won't it work??!! Just another shambolic mess by Vodafone and lie after lie on the phone just to get me off the call! 

After about 3 hours on calls I called the complaints line and the rather gruff technician I was put though to just told me to go to the store and return the watch.

So I did that and I got a new one and it worked. So my advice is if they can get it working on the first call, just go get a new one. Don;t waste your time on endless calls.

They say it's Apple's fault. I doubt it. Network settings screw up and so getting a new watch just started the provisioning process again and it worked.

I finally got it to work.

Problem 1 - The VOdafone MyVodafone website would not launch originally after selecting Setup Mobile Data on the iphone Watch app

Problem - 2 After this message it began to work

Problem 3 - You then have to delve through the site to find Activate my Aple Watch and even tough the App knows the correct EID for the watch you have to Set up for a new eSim for that account which is bizarre since it worked Ok with earlier iphone. Then after doing that it sends an enabling message and voila it works again having to type in the EID manually is a pain

So I'm still not connected. Spoke to three different chat advisers today who all say the same rubbish "I've reconnected your EID with your OneNumber subscription so go ahead and re-pair the watch" and surprise surprise it doesn't work! Though I would call and speak to someone in the technical team who tells me "the activation of your EID has got stuck so I've processed it again" and told me to wait ANOTHER 24 hours!!!! This is beyond a joke now. I received this watch on Thursday, it's now Saturday and it's still not working correctly! 

TJ

Hey @alanodlin - nothing should stop you from getting the most out of your Apple Watch. 

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook, or get in touch on Twitter. You can find more information on doing this here.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.