main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Apple watch 4 on pre order

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

Got my order on Friday but cellular hasn’t worked on it since, spent the last two days calling and waiting for updates from yourfrankly  absolutely tragic customer service team 

View more options

@Mark wrote:

To anyone that's not received their order. We apologise for the delay, we’re working had with Apple to fulfill these and get your watch on your wrist as soon as possible.

Well I for one have not received my order and I am actually livid. I can see on here that people have pre ordered their Apple Watch series 4 AFTER I had pre ordered mines and they have recieved there’s but I haven’t, although apparently it was meant to be a first come first served basis! Well would anyone from Vodafone care to explain to me why people who pre ordered after me got theirs before me? I’m expected to now wait 3-4 weeks on my watch. It’s an absolute disgrace. I’m actually considering just taking my business elsewhere. I’ve been with Vodafone for 10+ years but think it will come to an end now. Also I think it’s laughable that Vodafone find it acceptable to offer me a free wireless charger for my ‘patience’! Ehh I’d rather you do your job and deliver on what you promised ( was told on more than one occasion I’d get my watch on launch date )

David. 

View more options
2: Seeker

David - I could not agree more. I was assured both my XS and Watch Series 4 would be with me last Friday. Such that I waited in all day and night. I phoned at 7.30 pm to be told my order (placed at mid day on the 14th) was 'On Hold' and they didnt know why and was promised a call back tomorrow (no issues with credit check). I have 3 contracts with Three currently and they have never failed to deliver as promissed so regretting the decision to go with Voda already. No emails since I placed the order. The guy on the phone was good but overall customer service on this has been terible. I dont mind waiting if there are stock shortages but orders need to be dispatched on a first come first served basis and customers need to be advised. I cant help feeling that Voda are keeping people on the hook through lack of communication and sincerely hope that new orders are not being served before pre-orders.

View more options

You're lucky youve been offered a free wireless charger! I've been told no one has been offered that and anyone that says they have is lying......

Apparently i just have to wait until it is delivered... which you'll never guess what... they are unable to give me a date on....

View more options

Hi RobeyJ

Yeah it’s an absolute farce, Vodafone should not be promising customers anything if they cannot keep to their promises. As I was told on more than one occasion that I was definitely getting watch on launch day I took the day off work ( how stupid I feel now ) So I lost out on a days pay all because Vodafone can’t do their job right. Yeah the customer service is terrible, if you speak to different Vodafone people you get different answers! It’s like they haven’t got a clue. I wouldn’t mind waiting if they actually done it on a first come first served basis and I had missed out because they ran out of stock and I wasn’t next in line but it’s not the case as people ordering after me for theirs. I’d be regretting my decision too if I was you. 

David 

View more options

@callumtompkins wrote:

You're lucky youve been offered a free wireless charger! I've been told no one has been offered that and anyone that says they have is lying.....

Well here’s a picture to prove that they have offered me a free wireless charger. Now you can see they are the ones that are lying. 

David

E8975A96-F6F5-4EFF-8ECB-8EB78F89C314.jpeg

View more options

Thanks for that David,   unfortunately the pictures arent showing up? would you be able to try and private message them to me?  Any ammo i can get against the poor customer service would be brilliant!

Thanks

Callum

View more options

@callumtompkins wrote:

would you be able to try and private message them to me? 

Done.

David

View more options

Hi

I have the mirror image of your problem, I am fuming.

I called up early on the 14th Septemeber to order my watch with Vodafone, I took out a 2-year contract with an iPhone XS Max with the watch, I was promised I was one of the early ones so I would receive the watch on the 21st, I received the phone on the 23rd but no watch with it, they didn't even have the decency to tell me. 

I have seen on here that people have received there watched and ordered it on Saturday. 

Do you have any updates on when the watch is available? I have just called them and they said they are waiting patiently at the warehouse for Apple to deliver the correct demand. I said how long will it take 1 week or 5 weeks? They didn't know.

I will be fuming if they tell me it will be longer than a week, what a shambles it has been once again.

Let me know if you hear anything. 

Cheers

Lea 

View more options

Bit of a long rant but I’ve had a similar experience to other people.  I had Vodafone sales call me last Thursday and offer me a deal for the watch in silver along with the promise that it would be delivered on either Friday or Saturday last week.  I then had a ton of emails arrive from Vodafone saying my order was in progress but no details to confirm what I’d ordered.  When I queried it on live chat I was told I’d had a space grey watch ordered, not the silver I’d been told.  The delivery estimate also went from Friday to 3-4 week wait.  After reading the issues other people were having on this forum and the fact that they tried to sell me a model they don’t stock, I decided to try and cancel the order. 

I’d called 191 to cancel the order only to be told they can’t cancel the order as the watch was on back order and I’d have to wait 3-4 weeks for the watch to be delivered and then return to cancel the contract!

It beggars belief that I’ve been misled for the initial sale and then when I want to cancel I’m unable to as the computer system wouldn’t be me to handle the cancellation due to there being no stock!

View more options

I have been with Vodaphone for over ten years and have had mixed experiences but have stayed loyal lol . I ordered my watch on Pre order first thing on pre order day . I spoke directly with a lady on the phone and she signed me up and put it all through for me and confirmed completion . It did not dawn on me at first but I had no confirmation text. On the 21st I had a feeling it was not going to come lol so I contacted Vodafone who gave me my Sbl tracking number and said delivery would be before six . I tried the tracking number it did not work so I contacted them again and they said my order was not put through lol and then completely fobbed me of with rude excuses and told me there was no stock lmao quality service . Never again 

View more options

I don't think we will get this watch for 4-5 weeks, I just cannot see them doing anything about it. I am fuming, I go to Italy tomorrow for two weeks and I wanted that watch. 

View more options

So as a follow up I tried calling 191 again yesterday to see if my order could be cancelled, the guy said yes and he assured me he had put through a cancellation order form to the back office and the order would be cancelled in the next 3-5 days.  Great I thought, however, later in the evening I had a call from Vodafone following the poor feedback i’d given for the call on Saturday.  This time round I was told there was no notes on my account at all about any of the calls or details of the order and he’d never heard of the cancellation order form or the back office.  Also the delivery time for the watch was 3-5 days not 3-4?weeks that the tracker states.  He also promised a 10% discount on the watch for the life of the contract.  

The fact that every time somebody calls the customer support number they get a different story is absolutely abysmal, how are we expected to know what to believe if we are told any old random rubbish that the call handler decides to spout that day.  After all this farce settles down I would have the hope that the customer handling training and processes in the call centres are looked at as the current customer experience is truly awful.

View more options

I have been exactly the same waffle. I have now been told that they could be available by the weekend, they have blamed Apple for not supplying the correct demand. It’s been a total disaster.

i haven’t been offered any free wireless charger or discount. If I don’t receive it by this weekend as promised they should give

me it for free for the trauma they have put me through. 

View more options

What is the tracker and does it tell you the exact delivery date? 

View more options
Highlighted

Here’s the order tracker link https://www.vodafone.co.uk/web-shop/my-vodafone-account/orders/track-my-order

All it tells me is that there is a 3-4 week wait.  It also says the it shows the same latest information that the call centres have.  This is confusing given that the call I received last night said it was a 3-5 day order period.  Not sure why the call handlers even bother to lie if the only way to cancel is to wait til the device is delivered and send it back.  All it does is annoy people and cause more calls and grief for them to deal with. 

I’d give Vodafone a lot more credit if they could be honest with their customers and they could be trusted.

View more options

Have an update if anyone is interested. Turns out that my phone/watch ordered at mid day on the first day of pre-orders was incorrectly paired. This caused no comms and my order being placed on hold. Its going through now but of course there is a wait. I put it to them that I should not go to the back of the queue. They said they would do what they could but could not give me any guarantees. Frustrating but at least the order is on track now. The customer service guys have been great TBH and have advised me to request compensation when I eventually get the phone/watch. Dont want a wireless charger. In the words of Monty Python - I already got one. Wishing you all the best in terms of your orders.

View more options

That sounds similar to my case, but I have received the phone, I received the phone on the 23rd September hoping the watch to be with it. The order had been placed

on hold which made me back of the queue agaaon due to the credit checking needing confirmation. I don’t mind waiting a week for it but 5-6 weeks is unacceptable. 

I agree with you that customer services have been good on the chat and on the phone but I haven’t had one tell the truth yet. They are making up things just to end the call, it’s not their fault, they just don’t know what to tell us. I’m hoping for this weekend delivery. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

View more options

There is no doubt they messed up bad across the board ,They obviously had not trained there staff correctly prior to launch and have told the staff to  basically fob us off until they organise themselves and get more stock . The worst part we have all experienced more or less is , rather than admit the errors and tell us the truth so we Know where we stand they  just lie.  This will be my last contract with Vodafone after 10 year I’m going to vote with my feet.

View more options
8: Helper

For anybody interested I cancelled my pre order as per Vodafone’s lies that I would get it on release day and didn’t and still haven’t. I found the 44mm SS version with cellular on BTs website and ordered from there and received yesterday which is crazy fast if anybody wants to get theirs go to BTs website.

dont bother waiting any longer 

View more options