main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Apple watch 4 on pre order

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

I'm getting a bit fed up with it all now.

Ordred 28th September, was told when I ordered it 2 - 3 days.

Had a text saying theres a delay, but I can't get the order tracker to work so contacted on Live chat yesterday, the agent said it would come today and I would get an email from DPD within 2 hours.

Didn't recieve it so contacted them again, another agent who promised me it would be delivered today and they wouldn't make a promise they can't keep.

Get an email this morning saying still not in stock, will be updated in 10 days.

What the hell is going on?!!!

View more options
2: Seeker

It’s a common problem,they say this and that and will tell you anything you want to hear to get a good rating. There full of it and don’t really give a ##~##. I am still waiting, been 3 weeks and nothing. Whenever  I go on chat it’s oh yes tomorrow will be delivered or I’m sorry there’s a delay it’s first come first serve which is a total lie. It’s only 2 options left, cancel the order or wait and wait and wait. I am limiting it to 5pm Friday to arrive or get a delivery slot after that it’s getting cancelled. 

View more options

You want to feel sorry for us guys who pre-ordered them and haven’t even seen them still... this is such a farce and I love how admin haven’t even commented since

View more options

Yes that is ridiculous, i'd be pretty annoyed if I was you.

I'm not too worried but just annoyed the fact i've been lied to, I have taken today off work as I was promised twice it would be here today and as I'm self employed have lost out on a days wages.

Reading the thread it looks like this is a common tactic with Vodafone, something needs to be done!!

View more options

Well managed to speak to customer services and basically got told it’s 5-10 working days yet again... this is what I was told the day after launch day and I have little faith in it being here. I go away in 2 weeks and don’t currently have a watch as I sold it before launch day on the promise that it would be with me then so if it’s not here by Friday then it’s time to cancel as there’s plenty of places I can get one from now with them in stock... funny how Vodafone don’t have them in stock though ( unless you’re a new customer that is ) after 18 years of loyalty they are testing my patience they must forget about  the thousands of pounds I have spent with them in my time with them.... just really angry and annoyed now

View more options

I am an existing Vodafone customer.  I ordered my 40mm go,d watch on 16th (day after pre-order) and received it on 1 October, so you are incorrect saying that only new customers are receiving them.  It depends on the Watch type you ordered and when the ordered was processed.  I would add that even when you get it, it won’t work with cellular - I’ve spend a week trying.  Just go the the forum 30+ pages of customers complaining their watch doesn’t work.  Although delivered a week ago, I’ve only just received the email activating my account!

View more options

After contacting support again, this is what i got told, again  "We are delivering the watches on the basis of first code first serve and you know there are lac of customer's who have ordered the watches. We are fulfilling all the needs. As I have checked the status and as soon as we receive the next lot, you will also receive your watch."

Also i qoute "Next stock will be available around 15th of October 2018."

View more options

If you check the posts on this community you will see customers who ordered the 44mm Watch after the 14th Sept and have now confirmed that they have received their Watches. Yet many customers who pre-ordered on the 14th are still waiting unpatiently!

Lies upon lies from Vodafone, I’ll be calling them tomorrow and cancelling my order

View more options
Highlighted

If u r an existing customer then u r not on priority. U get zero benefits of being an old customer that happens with all networks so it’s better to always switch network everytime your contract ends, u get better deals and priority service as new customer

View more options

@HeleninGrimsby wrote:

I am an existing Vodafone customer.  I ordered my 40mm go,d watch on 16th (day after pre-order) and received it on 1 October, so you are incorrect saying that only new customers are receiving them.  It depends on the Watch type you ordered and when the ordered was processed.  I would add that even when you get it, it won’t work with cellular - I’ve spend a week trying.  Just go the the forum 30+ pages of customers complaining their watch doesn’t work.  Although delivered a week ago, I’ve only just received the email activating my account!

Same! Spoke to 3 different people today, changed my old plan (because apparently I wasn’t on the right plan, which I never got told about when ordering) and I still can’t get the cellular attached! Just a nightmare!!  

View more options

Hi,

well i I got off the phone to Customer Services I have had my watch on order since 20th September despite numerous calls, emails and online chats been given promises it will arrive!!  still no sign of my watch nor any promise of wireless charger or compensation. This is beyond a joke especially as I’ve been a customer for over 23 years!! It seems no customer loyalty? 

View more options

Well at least your order is still ongoing, speaking to live chat and customer service today they have cancelled my order, without me knowing and without telling me because “a large amount have been ordered” and was told need to reorder and get to the back of the cue. The current waiting time is roughly 4-5 weeks and there is no way I am waiting for that have spoken to the complaints and the guy has tried to help but nowhere hasn’t it so I’m at a loss don’t want to wait that long for it so will probably end up going somewhere else now 

View more options

That’s bad... where is admin? I have noticed they haven’t commented still? 

View more options

This is something I’m noticing admin are not getting involved!!

View more options

I've been promised 4 times that it's coming today but I've heard nothing from DPD and it's not showing in the app either.

When I questioned this I was just reassured that it would be arriving soon but they had no tracking details.

I don't mind waiting since I ordered quite late but I'm really unimpressed by the lack of transparency over anything.

View more options

And as expected I've now been told it is not in fact arriving today and the previous 4 times I was told it would there was no evidence it would based on the order status. This includes having been told twice today that DPD actually had it.

Shocking service...

View more options

Just sent this to The Daily Telegraph :

Dear Sir / Madam.

I am writing to you concerning Vodafone’s behaviour towards its customers over the recent release of the Apple Watch series four.

I am attempting to give you just the bare bones of the information here - but at the end of the email are some links to some interesting reading on their forums.

Essentially myself, like many others, have been lied to over a product that Vodafone seem to have been upselling, even when they knew their stock levels.  I ordered mine on the day that preorders went live, at 9:30am in the morning and since then multiple promises have been made concerning delivery.  Indeed - when I was actually sold the product it was with the guarantee that I would have it by launch day.  Many others on their forums have the same issue.

Much more shockingly, those who have managed to get the watch have found that it wont work with the Vodafone network, despite it being the cellular model.  Many of these customers have been subjected to five or six credit checks within a short space of time, without their permission, when trying to activate their watch on the network.  The consequences of this could be potentially very serious.  Some customers have been told, AFTER buying the watch, that it wasn’t compatible with their package and they had to change packages even though it was sold to them without this info being provided.

The lack of engagement from Vodafone over this issue, the constant lies and misinformation, the cancellation of some orders with no warning and many other issues have caused misery for customers.  In another sign of chronic mismanagement, some customers have been offered compensation, in the form of a wireless charger worth £30, that wont work with the Apple Watch or iPhone!  However, many customers haven’t even been offered this.

The whole launch has been a debacle and particularly with the credit check issue and the watch not working on the network is potentially damaging to consumers.

I feel the whole issue needs looking into by a quality investigative team.

There are other threads too but these are the main ones.

Many thanks
View more options

I have the same problem, I also ordered on the 28th of September and I was sent few texts about the delays and about compensating me with wireless charger which won’t work with my iphone! 2 days ago the guy on the live chat (miles miles away) told me that tomorrow Wednesday will be my delivery date, but soon after I had the text telling me that they will contact me  in the next 10 days!!!

looks like Vodafone sold a product that they don’t have and they don’t know when they going to have!!

if we late on our bill they will bombard us with calls and text!!! Now it’s our turn!!!

View more options

My AW 4 Nike arrived today around 24 hours after ordering from Very. I can’t have the cellular connected until my cancelled AW from Vodafone is confirmed as cancelled. I phoned to cancel it on Sunday night. Apparently this will take a week. Vodafone can’t even cancel an order quickly.

View more options

Just been informed via live chat that the next stock isn’t due until the 15th October, so except orders to start arriving in a around another 2 weeks.

View more options