main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

iOS

Apple watch 4 on pre order

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
4: Newbie

I bet he also told you that you were a good customer on the chat and will put a note on your account to dispatch ASAP :Cry_Laughing:

Poor bloke is only doing his job!!

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Yep and told me my order was priority too! 

View more options
Highlighted
12: Established

@MrGibbons wrote:

I bet he also told you that you were a good customer on the chat and will put a note on your account to dispatch ASAP :Cry_Laughing:

Poor bloke is only doing his job!!

Problem is they're all paid/bonused based on the 1-10 feedback scores you give in the survey after a call or chat which essentially means they'll do or say whatever they feel they need to in order to solicite a good response - that might mean totally misleading a customer just so that they leave the call happy.

I'd always take whatever CS advisors say with regards to stock with a pinch of salt - they haven't got a clue what is going on in 'the warehouse' as all the forward supply chain logistics are handled directly by Unipart (UTL) for Vodafone.

I'd have thought stocks of the 40mm (which is already plentiful everywhere else) and the 44mm (which is slowly becoming readily available elsewhere) should be coming in thick and fast now. Most Apple stores have stock available for collection and even the in demand stainless models are becoming easier to get hold of.

View more options
Highlighted

I have just been speaking to Mohd, he promised me it would be with me either tomorrow or Monday. They have stock and are allocating them to orders now but he said I will definitly get it then. Hmmm

View more options
Highlighted

Just had another!!!! A bad one!!! I will have to wait another 10 days for an update as the "Manufacturer did not send any more watches” lol

what a load of rubbish Vodafone!! May I will get it on Christmas Day!!

View more options
Highlighted

I just had chat with someone and they promised me tomorrow, yet I’ve had no notifications from VF, or DPD. We’ll see, he said I’m on the “list”, whatever that means. I don’t think I’ll get it tomorrow at all. 

View more options
Highlighted

I got told that twice a week ago and still not here 

I’m in newbury now just got the train and some vf head office employees here have said it’s a headache for Vodafone! 

View more options
Highlighted

I spoke to chat again this morning as I have had no notification from them and they have assured me I will get my watch within the next 24hours b4 I go away . Who believes in Miracles ? Lol I’m not holding my breath lol 

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

I spoke to someone yesterday evening and they said most likely next week now. But I don’t believe a word they say now and the directors office are useless too. It will be 1 month on the 24th and I’ve said to myself going by Apple I won’t see my watch till mid November. 

View more options
Highlighted

But then u get to stage 2 wait that’s when u know the watch doesn’t work and that’s roughly about a month wait too ... 🤯

View more options
Highlighted

Hey I was told before I ordered the watch it would be 100% Friday and guess what.... Nothing lol! Now I am getting told they should get stock by Sunday. I mentioned that most likely wont get then either. So I asked an average time as lots of people are waiting before me.... and apparently, "It's defiantly going to be Sunday".

View more options
Highlighted

I spoke to a suprevisor today on Chat as I was promised I would get a text today for delivery on Monday - for the third time. Nothing arrived. He actually appologised for their poor comunications - he wouldnt admit to lies even though i asked him several times. He said he cant give me a date but it could be over two weeks still as they are not getting anything from Apple. He has given me discount off my line rental for all the dishonesty and apologised. I have kept all my chat's via email so can quote all this back to them if required.

I will just wait now. Its been month now and still nothing, I agree with the person earlier, I bet its going to be mid November before we see anything. He did say if I could find one in a store then I could get that one but they couldnt check store stocks.

Its only a watch at the end of the day, but its the dishonesty and deceit I cant abide.

View more options

I spoke on chat earlier, after being promised delivery today by 2 different advisors. They have “assured” me that my watch will be despatched today, and I will receive it tomorrow “maximum”, as he said. 

Im not holding much hope, but as you said it’s the lies and deceit that gets to me. If they just turned around and said 14th November, then I’d have to accept it and I’d leave them alone until then, but it’s the promise after promise that gets to me. 

View more options
Highlighted

I have been told by the Director, that vodafone customer advisors are not supposed to guarentee a date as they have no idea what's happening apparently. It's apparently Apple that is struggling to give out the orders due to their stocks. I agree with what everyone is saying about the lies they are giving everyone. The simplest thing as I say to all the advisors, "I would rather you not promise me a date but, give me a average time which I Could recieve", I.e, 2-4 weeks time. But unfortantly they still lie and say a specific date.... Knowing that they are going to recieve more complaints.

View more options
Highlighted

I just spoke with Vodafone, having ordered on 21/09 I was told 4 weeks.  Apparently they are expecting delivery today/tomorrow and I will have this by Tuesday/Wednesday.  I've taken a screenshot of my conversation.

View more options
Highlighted

So just spoke to VF Customer Relations. After having spoke to them on the 12th Oct and being told they would call me on 17th (Suprise suprise no call came). Despite a note on my account from CR the CS advisor wouldnt put me through to them without manager permission then tried to claim no managers where available to take the call and put me through so would need to accept a call back. Told them it that I wasnt leaving the call until was passed through. Hour later after sitting in silence on the phone I got a manager who put me straight though as he could see the notes. CR then fed me the same bs they always do and stated they cant advise what date they get deliveries as they can not under any circumstances call the team who deal with that. When I mentioned this forum and the number of people getting there orders delivered before people who ordered before them they called me a liar and it was 100% first come first served and accused me of creating a fake webpage. 

I dunno why VFs CS is so shocking but given the issues I've had I walked into the store I ordered from put the iPhone XS I got at the same time on the counter and told them to cancel everything, while also correctly advising a new customer in the store that was in the the process of ordering a apple watch and being told by the sales person she would receive it within 5 days. Needless to say she left without joining up.

View more options
Highlighted

I need to be fair and say Vodafone sorted out any and every issue for me. I wouldn’t bother with the live chat as they know nothing unfortunately but at the end of the day you pay peanuts you get monkeys. They just say what you want to hear so you score them well.. where as UK phone cs are good the directors office is where you get real answers. Me I’m happy as they sorted me out and I’ve even got a working watch without the phone around me

View more options
Highlighted

When did you order? 

View more options
Highlighted

I’ve just returned home to open my watch which was delivered on Tuesday while I was away. Turned it on and paired it to my phone and it works perfectly. It does take a few minutes to switch on to cellular but overall I am extremely happy. Honestly if I had been advised that it was a 4 week wait when I preordered the watch it would have been fine. What was extremely frustrating were all the lies and false promises made to me. Just be up front Vodafone. This debacle has stopped me from early upgrading and preordering an XR though. I think I’ll wait for my contract to end in January. Hope you all get your watches soon!

View more options
Highlighted

@DamoWil wrote:

When did you order? 

On the 18th my only grip was that false promises from web chat and cs on the phone as none of them will have a clue on delivery dates 

View more options