main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Apple watch 4 on pre order

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

I got this today which made me even more angrier.

Hello. Sorry - we're still waiting for stock from the manufacturer for your order SBL-1000000329*******

. Don?t worry, you've got a spot on the waiting list and we'll send your item(s) out as soon as possible. We'll update you again in 3 days, and you can track your order at www.vodafone.co.uk/trackmyorder at any time.

a spot in the waiting list? People who ordered 4 days after me got theirs before me.

Im in Italy the next few days, if see one I will buy one and then cancel the order. Nightmare. 

View more options
2: Seeker

For everyone that has cancelled has the order actually been cancelled and have you received confirmation? 

Im only asking as I’ve tried 3 times to cancel and I’ve been given different excuses why they can’t cancel yet.  The main one seems to be that because the watch isn’t in stock they can’t cancel the order yet.  Their guidance is that I wait for it to be delivered and reject the order.  Is that correct? 

I’ve also been told that a cancellation form has been completed for my order and passed to the back office for processing but on a subsequent call was told that no such process exists.

Just trying to find out what the process is.   I can’t believe there isn’t a way to cancel the order without having to waste everybody’s time and effort setting up contracts, and having something delivered only to reject it at that point.

Does anyone on the social media team have an answer on what the process is.

View more options

I've had a 'We are getting it ready' status for the last 2 days but no sign of anything else. Guess its better than an out of stock message or perhaps they dare not show me that one. Still living in hope here. Dont want to mess around with having to take delivery, cancel and send both back for fear of the return getting lost.

View more options

I’m afraid that message ‘we are getting it ready for you’ means they are out of stock, mines been like that since the 21st September.

im in Italy and the Apple shop here have sold out as well.

i don’t think Apple should sell these goods until they have the sufficient stock available. 

They are quick enough to take your money and get you to sign contracts but slow as ##~## to get the goods to you. 

Lets see what the weekend brings. 

View more options

In the same boat as everyone else. No watch in sight. Just the same message "we are getting it ready for you. Such a shame considering the Xs Max was delivered on launch day

View more options

I’m the same I had 2 workmates order the day after me and now both are walking around with the new watch. You ask Vodafone and they give you the usual rubbish that it’s first come first served which in my eyes is just a joke

View more options

Has anyone had any news yet lol 

View more options

I had a message notification from DPD and got very excited, unfortunately it was to give them feedback from the iPhone Xs Max delivery so a false alarm.

i can see this dragging on until at least the end of October. I am watchless as I sold my Apple Watch series 3 the day before I supposed to receive the 4 series. It’s a mess.

View more options

I’m hoping that after asking numerous times that my order has finally been cancelled as the order number isn’t recognised by the tracker anymore.  

Had enough of customer services not being able to give a straight answer for an order let alone face all the issues people are seemingly facing once the watch decides to turn up.

I’ll just take this as a lesson learned to block sales calls from Vodafone in future.

View more options

I have not cancelled mine and i have also not had delivery, but now my tracking number is not recognised lol . What is going on !!!

View more options

I ordered mine at about 22.00 on Saturday 14th and still haven’t received my watch. My worry is that they are going to charge me for it next month! They best not as I am not going to pay for the weeks I have not received it! 

View more options

Got a text this morning saying still no stock they will text me in another 4 days . Who ever said on here it wont come till then end of October I think was right . They should not sell these products until they have enough stock and some training lol . Vodafone have turned into a joke company and will end up going bust just like the other big companies that ignore consumers needs . 

View more options

Just got the same informing me thay are still waiting for stock from the manufacturer, and ill get an update in another 3 days. The End of octobers looking like a very good prediction. Very dissappointed.

View more options

I was on the live chat today and they said I should recieve my watch in 4 days but I’m taking that with a pinch of salt!! I’ll eat my hat if it actually turns up next week!!

View more options

I had another automated email today, they have now upped to 4 days that they will contact me again, what will the next email say, 5 days, 6 days, 1 week and so on. ##~## off with them ! 

View more options

I spoke to a manager on Friday night. No stock and none expected for at least 3 weeks. He said no one who ordered past mid day on the 14th has received a series 4 watch. Had a chat with the guys in the EE store yesterday. They were very open about this - 28 days wait if I placed an order now. But they said they could give me the XS straight away and follow up with the watch. Tempted to switch if I thought I could cleanly cancel the order with Voda.

View more options
1: Seeker

It’s crazy, the user above here basically has written what I was going to say, definitely freaky. But I am the same and been with Vodafone for 10 ya years, I had a cellular iPad with them, broadband and 2 iPhone contracts in the family. I was called regarding if I would be interested in an Apple Watch, after much deliberation I decided to say ok I’ll buy into you sales pitch as I was told there and then I’d be waiting 3-4 days to receive and she completed the paperwork whilst I was on the phone. I got excited but 30 mins after my order was accepted I received an email to the order tracking place (which is crap by the way- what a totally worth less page, waste of email telling me to go to a website to be told something the email could have said......OUT OF STOCK we wil update you every 3 days ,so now my junk folder is full of Ot of stock messages!?!? I was mislead into ordering an a watch with the 3-4 day promise of delivery! If I was told there was no stock and take over a month I would not have ordered it. I’m fuming and debating moving to EE (who have stock guaranteed) plus they can take over my broadband , iPad and iPhone, if my watch doesn’t appear in one week I will transfer all over as I’m MAD AND FUMING AT THE SALES TACTICS TO GET A SALE KNOWING THEY HAD NONE TO SEND OUT. 

View more options

@leahook wrote:

I had another automated email today, they have now upped to 4 days that they will contact me again, what will the next email say, 5 days, 6 days, 1 week and so on. ##~## off with them ! 

Guess again! email this morning has upped mine to 10 days... 

Been on chat already this morning, and hearing the same story that I cant cancel the order until I recieve it

View more options

Incredible ! 

View more options

I’m going to go in store today to cancel. Should be able to get it done there. 

View more options