Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple watch data plan not working

MLR1UK
2: Seeker

Hi

I bought a watch and tried to connect the data plan.

It was finally set up but my watch won't connect. Error code 2005

I've spoken to four people in Vodafone tech team to no avail. Apparently it's being escalated but I've heard nothing....

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@MLR1UK 

Account access isn't available via the forum anymore.

This thread suggests to contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Facebook and Twitter.

iOS/New-Apple-Watch-4-no-mobile-data.

I wish you all the best with this situation.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Dougsouth

Did this get sorted?

im having the same trouble and I don’t think CS now how to fix.

just keep being told to unpair and re-pair and with 24 hours 

jamie250
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I’m having the same problem sim swap has failed 3 times so can’t activate cellular on the watch and Vodafone don’t have a clue what to do just keep telling me wait 24 hour, I’ve done that 3 times now and still nothing. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

It's disappointing to hear you're having trouble getting your Apple Watches connected @jamie250 and @Dougsouth.

One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into this for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Still not connected had the tech team telling for the 5th time to wait 24-48 hours again. And had the social team on the phone who have told me that my issue has been escalated and to wait till Thursday not very happy tbh. I’m on the verge of giving up now and leaving Vodafone after 20 years of custom as this is really unacceptable. If it was just me I’d understand there are issues but there are so many people out there who can’t get there watch connected because  of the same problem. Not impressed Vodafone very disappointing. 

Bought an Apple Watch s5 for my wife. Registered for Voda 1number. got charged the £7 (which is the monthly fee). Cant connect to data, so basically if she goes out without her phone, eg for a jog the watch cant receive calls, or anything data related even music... 

Rang 191 about 6 times, more recently been diverted to chat as it seems you cant speak to anyone anymore during the pandemic. Agents v nice. Not v effective. Sim swap - twice. Reset watch - once (and not inclined to do it again). Restarted both devices - multiple times. Still no access to data on the watch. 

What is consistent is that the agents keep saying things like - this time it will work for sure, or please be assured we're going to resolve this. Even have emailed transcripts of the chats... 

So far it has all been nonsense. V disappointing and a lot of time wasted. 

Tbh I am inclined to move to another provider but contract does not expire for a few months yet... might be worth it tho. 

Anyone have a solution???

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@KB76KB77 We'll be able to get the Apple Watch paired for you, I'm sorry if our telephony customer support haven't managed to thus far 👎 Please send us your details over to the team, following the steps outlined in this Post.