Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch mobile data error code 2005

Jonstuart88
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So i have had my watch since release and mobile data was set up and working all fine. One day i forgot my phone at home and wanted to listen to music so went to do so through my watch and found it wasn't working.

I rang up Vodafone to be told to do various things such as pair and unpair my watch etc. all to be told that it is a networking issue and i will be contacted in 24 hours to let me know that it has been fixed.

I have now done this 4 times and been told exactly the same thing, except the latest is that i need to go into a Vodafone shop as my watch needs looking at.

Now to me this all just seems as though Vodafone have no clue what the issue is and are passing customers here and there to delay them until they can figure out why this is an issue instead of owning up to they have no idea whats going on.

Would really appreciate it if someone knows a fix for error 2005 or if there is even a fix for it, or even better if there isn't currently a fix that Vodafone could admit that there is a known error and have no timescale on a fix. This would save me calling up every week wondering whats going on with my device!!

25 REPLIES 25

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @Jonstuart88, it's disappointing to hear your watch has stopped working correctly and I understand how frustrating this must be.

Does the error show on your phone, or watch? So I can take a closer look into this for you and help get you back up and running again, please get in touch by completing the form in the private message I've sent over to you 👍

So I have done everything that has been asked of me and still no joy it’s has been nearly 2 months since my watch being able to use the data. I have had a new number attached to my account but nothing seems to have worked... not good enough really

Mine is now fixed.  I noticed that it wasn’t working on Good Friday.  I believe that the Onenumber was deleted from my account (I think this is what the error signifies, but don’t quote me on that). I called 191, got hacked off with the automated system, so told it that I wanted to leave Vodafone.  I was then put through to a guy who speaks to a lot of people who are hacked off with the automated system.  I asked him to put me through the SECOND LEVEL TECHINCAL HELPDESK.  The guy who answered looked at the account, said that my Onenumber had been deleted, asked me to go on hold.  He came back after about 10 mins and said that he was going to do a few more things.  7 mins later he came on and said the new onenumber was set up and by Monday I should get a network update and everything would be working again.  Sunday morning, network update and boom data on the watch again.

I hope this helps.

Thanks I’ll try this see if I can get anywhere

TJ

It's really disappointing to hear you're still unable to connect your Apple Watch using cellular data @Jonstuart88, especially after such a long time.

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Alternatively, you can speak to an adviser using Live Chat

Markocelts
2: Seeker

I now have same error code. Called Vodafone and they said it would be fixed in 72 hours. That was last Thursday. Anyone help please 

I still can’t connect my Apple Watch series to my data plan after phone call. 72 hours they said it would take. That was last Thursday. Add data plan. Error 2005 all the time 

getting bit annoyed now as they were working before

Xtattsbox

Me too!  I joined Vodafone in November.  It took until 23rd January to connect my watch to the data account and it has been working well since then.  I noticed on Good Friday that it was not connected anymore.  Checked on my phone and has an Error 2005.  This is now 7 days on.  Still no joy, although it does look like the onenumber has disappeared from my account.  I guess that they are going to replace that.

TJ

I'll be more than happy to help get your Apple Watch up and running for you @Markocelts and help to get you reconnected again @Xtattsbox.

So I can do this safely and securely, I've popped you both a private message over for you to get in touch with me directly.