Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple watch upgrade - porting Vodafone mobile plan from prior watch

ec1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

There are no instructions on Vodafone's website and the store staff has no instructions either - my phone was disconnected by the Islington store just now. So now I am without mobile service as well as without service on the new apple watch!

What is the process meant to be Vodafone? Your customer service is awful - you would have thought the week of the Apple launch the stores and staff would have been given clear guidance and the website would have been updated with clear instructions so that customers did not need to go into the stores?

Are you meant to logonto myVodfone, go to account settings, go to swap sim, choose your watch, go to eSIM swap and then enter the NEW eSIM ID (EID) from the box of the NEW apple watch?

I presume the guy in the store wrongly failed to select the apple watch and applied an eSIM swap on the physical SIM in my iphone which instantly disconnected it and left me without a phone for what they say will be 24hrs but as they have given me a new SIM I fear this will be at least 48hrs as it will be another 24hrs to port my number accross to a new sim.

I will then need to start again trying to port my Vodafone mobile plan from prior watch to the new one so will need to know the process....

3 REPLIES 3

garetc
12: Established
12: Established

Moving SIM cards can take up to 24 hours to complete but it’s usually within minutes.

Have you got a new physical SIM card or did they leave you with the eSIM, did you receive the email to get a new eSIM? 

If they’ve made a mistake and tried to replace a SIM card when another is pending their system will get confused and it could cause both not to activate. 

Unfortunately if the eSIM and the new physical SIM (if you have one) have not activated then you could be looking at a visit back to the Vodafone store to get another replacement but i’d give it 24 hours to give their system time to update. 

Alternatively one of the forum mods mentioned that they could reactivate an old sim so if you have your old one technical support might be able to help if you call 191.

The shop gave me a new physical sim card (for the phone) but neither the new nor the old sim cards word nor is there service on the new watch. So left with no service and no idea which sim card to use.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ec1, I understand how frustrating this must be for you! If you'd like to pop our Social media team a message here, we'll be able to access your account and get this resolved for you.