cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blacklisted iPhone - mistake by Vodafone?

babyg388
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Currently in a sim only contract with the carrier Three

iphone 7 Plus purchased simfree from Apple Sept 2016 (have reciepts)

Suddenly a few days after the new year there was no service, on investigation by Three they say that the IMEI has been blacklisted by Vodafone and they cannot help no more.

Contact Vodafone, never been a customer said they can't help

Finally have someone looking into it via Vodafone Twitter customer services

Anyone have similar experiences?  what lengths, did you have to go to? what was the outcome?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For clarification.

Phones brought through apple are sim free and any sim can be used at any time

Phones brought through Carphone Warehouse do NOT lock to the first sim inserted anymore however I cannot recall when this came into effect.

As they brought the phone from Apple there is no way this should now be locked so in my opinion an unlock code should be provided for free right away as it looks to be a mistake on Vodafone's part.

View solution in original position

24 REPLIES 24

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Angure Thanks for letting us know your reference number. A member of our team will be in touch to help out as soon as possible 🙂

Angure
2: Seeker

Very similar situation also, 

Have a sim only with 3, my phone had no service from a few days ago. I have been told by 3 that my phone has been blacklisted by another carrier. Which has turned out to be Vodafone. I have rung customer care numerous times, spoke to someone on the online chat, and gone into store. Everyone tells me is not Vodafone and they can’t help. Very disappointed by the poor customer care and service so far. If anyone could offer some help it would be hugely appreciated. 

Rthomas91
1: Seeker

Similar experience. My iPhone 6s just received no service about 9.30am. I am currently on a sim only with EE and use it in this phone. Therefore I call Ee and they recall my imei number and they confirm Vodafone has blocked it and I will need to contact them to resolve it. This phone was purchased 2-3 years ago through apple direct. Only thing I can think off is when I’ve allowed friends to make a call with my fone using their Vodafone sim whilst there batteried died. Vodafone blacklist team has received 2 emails so far; one from Inside Vodafone store & one from customer service. They said give it 48 hours. Let’s see what happens.

Thandompofu

My iPhone 7 Plus I was with them since 13 September 2017 the contract ended June 29  suddenly after my phone just said no service I went to the store they just said it’s case my phone is broken the sreen and the phone has just gave up they didn’t help so I try to sale the phone people won’t buy cause they it’s blacklisted I cannot use it at all need help fixing the problem Vodafone not doing anything they are the ones who put on blacklisted and they have to undo it no one else can it has to be them cause I bought the phone from them .

@Thandompofu wrote:

My iPhone 7 Plus I was with them since 13 September 2017 the contract ended June 29  suddenly after my phone just said no service I went to the store they just said it’s case my phone is broken the sreen and the phone has just gave up they didn’t help so I try to sale the phone people won’t buy cause they it’s blacklisted I cannot use it at all need help fixing the problem Vodafone not doing anything they are the ones who put on blacklisted and they have to undo it no one else can it has to be them cause I bought the phone from them .

Hi @Thandompofu 

From what you write I'm not sure if you have two issues here with your iPhone. 

If the screen has broken i.e smashed or cracked then you'd have to pay for a repair.

If the phone "gave up" then if a restore via iTunes or a reset in the phones settings do not help then Apple or Vodafone can take a look as it has a 2 year manufacturing warranty however if the screen has broken then they wouldn't typically touch the iPhone until the repair has been carried out on the screen as sometimes they have to get into the internals of the iPhone. 

If Vodafone UK have applied an imei block then this is usually due to the phone being reported lost or stolen or in very rare cases Bill's not being paid or even more rare they've inadvertently blocked the wrong iPhone.

If you wish you could use checkmend.com/uk/consumer/report for a small charge to check if it actually imei blocked.

Customer service via contact-us can help with this also to check its status. 

Or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

There is no longer help via this forum to help with account issues.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.