main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Blacklisted in error

2: Seeker

I’ve had my phone with Vodafone for 10 days and it’s been blacklisted for no reason. I’ve seen on forums that for some reason 10 days is the unlucky number and that this happens from time to time. I went to a store and they just laughed and said can’t help you, only the person who blocked can unblock. But if I don’t know who or why then this is an impossible task. 

I need the phone as have a severe medical condition that has required repeated calls to 999 and A&E. Without the phone I’m classified as a very high risk and told that I should be hospitalised, but there are no beds available. 

Who can help?

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion

Are you seeing something like a No Service warning where the Vodafone Network Logo is normally in the status bar at the top of your phone ?

Does this remain no matter where you commute to ?

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone to rule out sim card error ?

Also can you try another sim card in your phone to rule out the phone to see if it is actually imei blocked.

It's rare this happens @MichaelWilson72 and it can be typically another network too incorrectly blacklisting a phone due to imei input error.

It's not right that the Vodafone Store staff laughed but they cannot help with such issues I'm afraid.

It's true that only the network that's blocked it can unblock it.

It may not be Vodafone. 

That said Vodafone customer services on 191 or Live Chat can help here by finding out whi has blocked it.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here might also be able to help once they've caught up with your thread.

If Vodafone supplied the phone originally then they have a Duty of Care to help resolve this.

A site called checkmend can help to clarify too although their is a few pounds charge I believe. 

checkmend.com _ uk

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Moderator (Retired) Joe
Moderator (Retired)

@MichaelWilson72 Hi there, that's really strange that the phones been blocked 10 days after you got it. Did you buy it from Vodafone. If so we'd love to look in to this for you. I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch. Joe

View more options
2: Seeker

I paid for an iemi check before I purchased it and it was clean, it’s now showing on the blacklist. I’m distraught as this is my lifeline at the moment for a medical condition - not exaggerating. Had paramedics and police out twice last weekend. Idk what to do.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @MichaelWilson72

Where did you purchase the phone? 

If this was not direct through Vodafone, you need to take this up with the seller.

This is a common scam in the second hand phone market, the phone is sold as working perfectly and after a short period of time, reports the phone lost or stolen, has the phone blacklisted and claims on the insurance.  As well as insurance fraud, the seller has double money.

View more options