Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Blacklisted iphone

Tassy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey guys!

Please help me out. I bought an xs max iphone, from a person (i know that wasn't the perfect decision, but it was at a decent price, and the phone came in original box, with the factory foil on it, and i thought that everybody is good and sincere). I have this phone for 2 weeks already, and it works very good, i can make calls, send texts, i have done the last update, i gave the factory reset, and everything goes perfectly. But with an imei search, i found out that this imei is blacklisted for almost 5 months already from vodafone ltd, and my country doesn't appear in that blaklist status per network carrier.

What can i do in this case? Does affect me in any way this fact? How can i solve this without lose those money? Please help me, i don't know what to do.....thanks

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hey @Tassy 

It would be nice to know your country.

Not sure how you expect Vodafone UK to help, this is going to be between you and the seller

Phones are not blacklisted without a valid reason, usually because they have been stolen and are the subject of an insurance claim, this makes the phone the property of the insurance company.  If the phone is IMEI blacklisted, it's possible you are using someone's property, you would also have no of the circumstances as to how phone was stolen.

It was your choice and decision to purchase from this seller, you could have purchased from an trustworthy site or dealer.  

BandOfBrothers

It sounds to me that it's possible the phone has been blacklisted i.e imei blocked from an insurance claim and then sold abroad to use.

It's possible the imei block hasn't held due to it no longer being in the UK.

There's nothing you can do about its status @Tassy 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.