Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broken promises over IPhone 7 plus

P15ckn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all, 

I have had appalling customer service and have exhausted all lines of resolution with Vofaone. I have sent this to the CEO but no reply after 3 days....shocking! Any ideas of what I can do next?

Dear Nick Jeffery,

It is with sadness that I have to make a formal complaint to yourself regarding the appalling customer service I have received from your company. The ordeal has caused a great deal of anxiety and frustration, not to mention the countless hours and wasted weekends trying to resolve the issue in question.

You will see on my account the details surround my complaint so I will try to keep this brief. Following weeks of lies and incompetence from employees for Vodafone, I eventually spoke to Josh in your Supply and Start Department In Scotland on Saturday 24.9.16. He managed to get the complaint escalated to the Resolutions Team. Gado in Egypt spoke to me at 12:55pm yesterday and he notified me that he would listen to the phone-call with Ahmed AbuYoussef that took place on Saturday 17.9.16 at 10am and that lasted approximately 55 minutes. During this call, Ahmed had promised me the following:

1. I should go to the Vodafone store in the Metro centre to re-arrange delivery of the order to store. This was not possible.

2. He "100% guaranteed" that he would give me £200 in cash as compensation for the delay of the Iphone 7 plus (the difference between the cost of an iphone 32GB and an iphone 256GB as a credit on the account). This hasn't happened.

3. He said he was promised an extra £20 credit on the phone due to the employee in upgrades who had hung up on me at 7:57pm on Friday 16.9.16. He didn't do this.

4. He promised me that the £90 upfront charge would be credited to the account. This is not on the account.

5. He told me I could send the 32GB iphone back when I received it promising delivery on Wednesday 21.9.16, and guaranteed that I would be sent an iphone 256GB in 6-8 weeks. I declined this offer and asked for the cash instead. He agreed.

6. I was told that I could go into store and get an iphone loan phone from Adam-The Store Manager, while I waited. Retail have never supplied iphone loan phones.

I received a phonecall from Gado today (Sunday 25th September 2016) and he had listened to the phonecall. He offered that I could await delivery of the handset and then phone back to agree compensation. He told me that he couldn't give me the £290 Ahmed had promised me. He escalated the complaint further as per my wishes and put me through to Lindsey in Customer Relations. I found her very unsympathetic and rude at times. She told me that the promises made were "Agent errors" and that she would definitely not be honouring what Ahmed had promised. This is the reason why I am sending you this email as I am very disappointed by this decision. I believed that Ahmed had made a "Contract of Sale" in what he had promised and I had accepted to keep me as a Vodafone Customer.

I have been a customer with Vodafone for the best part of 16 years and I have always been on Red Value premium contracts giving you thousand of pounds of business. I had encountered issues 2 years ago with the Iphone 6 that I had preordered and to be honest I was given very poor service then too. However, your team worked hard to compensate me and I stayed as a customer extending my contract by a further 24 months. I appreciate that people make mistakes, but when several Vodafone employees lie to me and give me false information, I am now doubting my loyalty with your global brand. One cannot tolerate an employee falsely promising and then not delivering. He represents your company and as a result I now believe Vodafone are a company who do not fulfill their promises and who misinform customers to keep their business. All that I hope is that you will honour the promises made to resolve this appalling issue I have had with your company. Please find below the issues that I had endured 2 years ago and at that time, I took my complaint to the OS Ombudsman who resolved the issue for me.

Currently I am without the Iphone 6 as I had been persuaded to trade in the phone after I had upgraded to the Iphone 7 plus believing that I would receive it on Saturday 17.9.16. I am paying £43 a month for a contract that I am unable to use fully.

I trust that you value me as a customer and if so I would expect that you honour the "contract of sale" that was agreed. Please respond asap to avoid further unnecessary inconvenience to me and the need to involve the Ombudsmen yet again.

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Sarah_L
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @P15ckn

I'm disappointed to hear about the experience you've had, and can understand your frustration with this situation. 

All of the required steps seem to have been taken already to get this escalated and investigated fully. I've sent you a private message with details on how our team can get this looked into for you, to see if there's anything else that can be done. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

Stuartsarah7
1: Seeker
Hi mate,
did this ever get resolved as I have the exact same thing happening now !
Stuart

AbbiePhillips93
4: Newbie

And me stuartsarah7. I was given the customer resolutions number yesterday and they are listening to my calls and looking into my live chats after I had to fight to get a complaints procedure or even speak to a manager. 4 weeks later I still don't have my upgrade.

[MOD EDIT: removed content due to Community Guidelines]

Guys and gals, a bit of advice....

Wait until the cooling off period has elapsed, by waiting you can then tell them to honour the recorded (phone call/live chat) details of compensation credits etc. It's always enough in the ombudsmans eyes to have the recorded coversation, I like to double up on this though, if Vodafone (by way of an agent representing the entity) offer anything, have them send it via text whilst on the call, it signs off with Vodafone UK at the end.

If they decline to honour what has been promised, like the case above, then you say you're cancelling the contract penalty free. It's fantastic if they refuse because the ombudsman can have the recorded conversation with the promises and they will rule accordingly.

The moment you get an agent leaving a note on your account refusing to honour something then you will have trouble, every subsequent advisor will read that note and dig their heels in. Wait for cooling off and then ombudsman if needed, play the same game.