Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Calls cutting out when the phone switches from 4G to 3G

gusjohansen
1: Seeker

I don't know if this is a Vodafone problem or an iPhone issue but I have an iPhone X that keeps cutting out my calls. It appears to be when the phone switches between 4G and 3G but also if someone leaves me a voicemail during a call I'm already on, when 121 appears on the screen to deliver it, it cuts out the current call.

Being on WiFi calling doesn't seem to help so now I'm experimenting with switching off mobile data altogether just to get to the end of a call without it cutting out.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

On the face of it that sounds like it's the iPhone and how its switching from 4G to 3G on a call.

My advice is to first seek a diagnostic from a Genius Bar at your most local Apple store if you can.

And or as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone ?

If it's the sim card then a Vodafone Highstreet Store can perform a sim swap to replace it  Take photo ID.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

rak5a
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Did you get an actual resolution to this issue? It's happening to my boss and we need to fix it. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @rak5a, thanks for getting in touch. If your boss uses social media, please get them to contact us via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.We'll be happy to take a closer look into this call issue and help in any way we can.