Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Series 4 Apple Watch Cellular doesn’t work

Nsjmurray
4: Newbie

So, in typical Vodafone fashion they have come out with a new feature and product that doesn’t work at launch - in-fact it does several unannounced and unauthorised credit checks.

So I received my brand new iPhone and Apple Watch today and I have to admit, they look fantastic, after opening the iPhone box and just seeing the magnificence that is the phone I am definitely happy with my purchase.

I open up the oddly packaged watch box and start to set it up, everything is fine except for when I got to the mobile data setup section- at first it looked promising a Vodafone log-in screen, “Awesome” I thought, so I logged in and all of a sudden it was asking me to add a subscription for £5 per month.. I thought this was strange as I was already paying for the watch now you’re trying to charge me more for a subscription, I knew it seems to be a mistake so I just glanced at the terms, it seemed normal just about linking them together so it made sense, I went ahead and clicked add subscription knowing that I would just call Vodafone and explain the situation if they tried to charge me more.

Anyway, it shows me a loading screen and I’m simply waiting for it to complete the link between my devices.

After a short while it went to a blank white screen and then... what’s this... I HAVE FAILED A CREDIT CHECK AND I HAVENT BEEN CHARGED?!?!?

So not only did it fail.. Vodafone has performed a credit check, without authorisation just to link it to my existing plan that I was already credit checked on?

Good one Vodafone, will be returning the watch and the device and leaving the network for good, this is the final straw, I’ve had nothing but trouble with you for 7 years and I’ve stuck by you, but you just cannot get anything right first time, EVER.

wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nsjmurray

Hi everyone,

OP here, I can’t believe this issue is still effecting some people, I get emails almost daily about updates for this, it’s crazy to think it still hasn’t been sorted for everyone.

i can now finally say all of my issues are resolved and everything is working fine, you have to be persistent and contact the directors team, standard help from the tech team does not work.

Contact Nick Jeffries team and hopefully you will get I resolved like I did.

View solution in original position

1,336 REPLIES 1,336

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ECA I'm sorry to hear you've had constant issues getting your Apple Watch data plan paired, we'd love to take a closer look into this and get you connected. Please send us your full name and mobile number via DM to either:

- Facebook Vodafone UK

- Twitter @VodafoneUK

If you're unable to send your details through Social Media, we'll be able to help you via Live Chat too.

>The cellular feature worked for me out of the box when I set it up at 11 this morning, then stopped working later in the day.

That’s exactly what happened to me. The only thing that fixed it was to cancel the line and resubscribe. When I resubscribed it worked again for a day or so, and then showed the plan as “Not in use” again.

That was on the 25th! Since then I’ve cancelled and resubscribed. Still no movement.  Don’t hold your breath.

Apple Watch 4 is brilliant. As is IPhone Xsmax

if you keep the two together all works fine

However, try using the watch on its own, using cellular, then this is where your problems will start.

Apple have designed wonderful tools,why can’t Vodaphone get them to work ?

Not one of the telephone advisors for Vodaphone, nor Vodaphone store employees has any idea about how to set up the Apple Watch series 4 to run off cellular.

Instead of coming clean, admitting they have no useful training, I was met with one fob off after another.

Examples.

“We will send a code through the post to activate the cellular watch” - nonsense ! Wait a week and find no “scratch off” card has arrived ! 

“You will have to back to the store to correct wrong inputting”. Why ?

So I go to the store ( 2nd time), staff have no idea what to do. They get onto the “chat line”, and tell me I must wait to sort it out ! Why ? 

I leave telling them to phone phone me on my mobile. I wait. Same story. They have now sent an “internal” message to another department and this will take another 72hrs ( but only when Monday comes as nobody from that dept works weekends !

My interpretation of all this is the staff have had no training.

This I can understand. But fobbing customers off with things like a ‘scratch card” in the post, or “you will have to go the store” is not acceptable.

SteLFC

Received the Apple Watch 4 yesterday but can’t connect it to my mobile data. Keep receiving the message “Sorry you can’t use this plan with Vodafone One Number”. I’ve called 191 countless times and still got no solid answer. Anyone else having the same issue?

I have exactly the same issue, it’s a complete joke.

If you hear anything on how to fix it let us know. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Jessroseeaton
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hiya,

It seems a lot of people are having the same issue. The EID from the watch has bot been linked to the order correctly. 

@Jessroseeaton wrote:

Hiya,

It seems a lot of people are having the same issue. The EID from the watch has bot been linked to the order correctly. 

If you call customer services or po into a store and ask them to link it, it will resolve it. 

Been there, Done that.

Still doesn’t work.

I am not sure the crap Vodafone spouting about being on a correct “plan” is true my plan is from December 2016 when I upgraded my phone am due an upgrade (3months early) again December this year it’s the following 

Plan
5GB Red Value plan
Includes
Line rental - £40.62
Unlimited UK minutes
Unlimited texts
5GB data
2GB inclusive roaming data
Global Roaming
Agreement Length
24 Months
Agreement ends on
14 Mar 2019

yet it works with my watch I did have the this plan is not compatible with Apple Watch contact Vodafone don’t know what they did but they didn’t upgrade my plan and my watch does work... so I’d take the plan changes with a pinch of salt 

As expected tariff migration made no difference at all, still not working, the lack of updates in becoming a joke, I am promised call backs that don’t happen. To sooner I can leave this joke of a network the better