Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Consumer Law Claim iPhone X

juliamck
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have an iPhone X that has been reported by Apple to have suffered hardware failure with no associated physical damage. The device is less than two years old. I am going round and round and round in circles on the support chat and on the phone but I just get handed from department to department. Under UK Consumer Laws I can claim for a replacement, but Apple say it must be through Vodafone. Can anyone help me getting through to the right people?

12 REPLIES 12

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @juliamck! I'm sorry this hasn't been resolved yet for you. We're unable to discuss accounts over the forum however, please contact our Social Media team here, and they'll be able to investigate with you. We'd likely need to send the phone for a repair but can definitely look into all the options with you over on social media

I need a direct contact with someone that will be able to help. I am not entering into another chat

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @juliamck 

You have right under the Consumer-rights-act-2015. 

If your unwilling to enter into a Facebook or Twitter exchange with the Social Media Team's then because they can't access your account via the forum then your other recourse is the complaints process.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Maybe you would understand the frustration of the chat and telephone support when you have spent a total of 6 hours so far not getting anywhere because you just get transferred from team to team. I am at nearly 3 hours on chat right now and have not got anywhere.

BandOfBrothers

I do appreciate that this must be frustrating for you and can understand your apprehension at engaging with the Vodafone Social Media Team's.

However they have been found to be very helpful in matters like this.

If Apple are directing you to contact Vodafone in your instance then it sounds like they are adhering to the Manufacturers Warranty and the seller being the body to contact as directed in the Consumer link I added.

Typically they do help but when it comes to a person wanting a replacement then they'll push the owner to the seller of the phone, in this case Vodafone UK.

Would you let us know how you get on @juliamck 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

If Apple instructs you to get in touch with Vodafone in your situation, it appears that they are following the Manufacturers Warranty and that the seller is the party to get in touch with as instructed in the Consumer link I added.

It appears that Apple is abiding by the Manufacturers Warranty and that the seller is the one to contact, as advised in the Consumer link I supplied, if Apple tells you to contact Vodafone regarding your case.

It appears that Apple is abiding by the Manufacturers Warranty and that the seller is the one to contact, as advised in the Consumer link I supplied, if Apple tells you to contact Vodafone regarding your case.

Usually, they are helpful, however when someone needs a replacement, they direct the owner to the phone's vendor, in this case Vodafone UK.