Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Consumer complaint filed against Vodafone

ssrij
8: Helper
8: Helper

I urge everyone to go and use the Online Dispute Resolution website to file a complaint against Vodafone for all the lies and misinformation fed to us so far since Sep 9 2016. I have filed mine today and if I do not get satisfactory result, I will talk to the Ombudsman or take VF to court. 

Absolutely unaccetable that they keep changing estimated delivery timelines every week (went from Oct 19-24 to Sep 28-Oct 5 to Oct 5-12 and now Oct5-19).

Carphone Warehouse recieved a big stock of Jet Black iPhone 7's (not Plus) and they are getting another tomorrow, and EE have fulfilled a big portion of the pre-orders so the excuse "no stock from Apple" is no more valid. I pre-ordered my Jet Black 128GB iPhone 7 on the 9th and I still haven't got mine while Carphone Warehouse is getting their third or fourth batch and delivering it starting tomorrow.

Too much lies and excuses. 

The link to file the complaint is: https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/odr/main/?event=main.home.show

11 REPLIES 11

thatkeith
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Lies does seem to be the current modus operandi. I called to discuss preordering the iPhone 7 and I was told I would be eligible to get a 15% discount with the Vodafone Employee Advantage scheme on the basis of where I worked. Turns out I'm not, even though I was told categorically that I was. Had I not cancelled the contract I would be stuck with a 24 month 'agreement' with no discount and, apparently, no recourse.

I was told two weeks later by a Vodafone employee (not call centre) that because Vodafone had made this mistake the 15% offer would be honoured, and I'd be called back to complete the process. Yeah, right: no call back. I've NEVER received any calls I've been promised. I've asked for recordings of my calls to be listened to, as they show categorically what I was offered – verbal contract is the legal description – but this never happens.

I am going to keep complaining, but soon it's going to be with a claim for compensation or a demand for a no-fee early termination of my current contract.

I was hanging in there for the iphone 7 128gb Jet Black since I ordered it at 9am on 9 Sept also.

In the last 48 hours, VF have agreed to give me a free iphone 7 256gb in silver instead of the one I ordered plus a £320 credit.  I have had my DPD confirmation that the phone is being delivered tomorrow.

@shane12345 wrote:

I was hanging in there for the iphone 7 128gb Jet Black since I ordered it at 9am on 9 Sept also.

In the last 48 hours, VF have agreed to give me a free iphone 7 256gb in silver instead of the one I ordered plus a £320 credit.  I have had my DPD confirmation that the phone is being delivered tomorrow.

Good for you, unfortunately we aren't as lucky as you and have to take legal action in order to get our phones as promised to us by the sales agent. 

I don't want to switch to a different color as I only want the JB.

d4c1981
4: Newbie
I've just submitted my complaint. What happens now? Do they contact Vodafone on my behalf?

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

c53204
4: Newbie

This is an online order issue, not a stock issue. I pre ordered mine and get the usual weekly email and txt stating further delays, etc.

Went into THREE Vodafone stores in Glasgow and ALL of them had at least 3 iPhone 7+ 128gb in silver (my pre ordered phone spec).

I asked why shops have stock yet online orders are delayed....

Anser was (same at 2 stores). Vodafone does not want to disappoint 'walk in' customers, by not having stock.

Clive Sinclair

"We want to make your life easier and your experiences better. " (from Vodafone Facebook page)

kids

@c53204 Online stock and store stock are completely seperate stock systems they are not and have never been interchangeable.

Strange - Vodafone said today they can transfer my web order to 'collect in store' for tomorrow.

If they estimate my home delivery as the 19th October+, then I suspect the collect in store IS store stock. If not, why cant they deliver the phone to my home - if it is coming from 'non retail store' stock? I only live 12 miles from the store.

Clive Sinclair

"We want to make your life easier and your experiences better. " (from Vodafone Facebook page)

@c53204 wrote:

Strange - Vodafone said today they can transfer my web order to 'collect in store' for tomorrow.

If they estimate my home delivery as the 19th October+, then I suspect the collect in store IS store stock. If not, why cant they deliver the phone to my home - if it is coming from 'non retail store' stock? I only live 12 miles from the store.

I would be interested in how they can convert from web order to collect in store.

A few weeks ago, I specifically asked for this and was told "no".