Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dated wiped

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just wondering I sent in my water damaged phone to get repaired and then had gotten a new phone, sadly I didn't have time to delete or remove my data for my water damaged phone, and I was told that damaged phones sometimes get refurbished or used for spare, and I was hoping if anyone knew if vodaphone do a complete data phone wiped so no trace of my data can be recovered or be seen? 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Part of the process the repair centres do is a Factory Reset. 

However thats slightly different on an iPhone as the Apple ID has to be removed first. 

I assume you had the 4 digit code turned On and if so no one can access it. 

The phones parts might be recycled but as it’s water damaged even those may not be used. 

They may recycle it to break down and use the metals etc within it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, and yes I still had the password on it, just need to put my mind at rest as I had sent the phone away months ago and I was worried as to what will happen to the data left on the phone. But I continued to use the phone afterwards it had fell in (cleaned it up obviously) then the screen slowly darken and had turnt itself off and hadn't come back on 

BandOfBrothers

If it was my iPhone I wouldn’t worry. 

The iPhone is notoriously hard to bypass its security protocols. 

Even the FBI couldn’t :Winking_smiley: Well not until they paid a vast sum to a 3rd party as Apple refused. 

The iPhone has quite a lot of reusable materials.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.