cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Does Installing Apps like Emus4U Void Warranty ?

tweakbox
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello ,

I wanted to know if downloading apps from sites like Emus4U App or vShare void the warranty of my phone as it conatins modified apps .

regards

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @tweakbox as long as you aren’t interfering with the phone firmware itself you won’t void the warranty. 

There me have been big discussions over the years about rooting phones and warranties being voided, Vodafone used to say it did but other posters disagreed. As long as you don’t root the phone you should be ok. 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @tweakbox

I've jailbroke iPhones for many years and used Cydia as my go to get tweaks etc, and personally have visited Apple Store Genius Bars for support and found that as long as the issue isn't connected to that then they are fine.

Apple's stance is that they may not give support as per > Unauthorized modification of iOS.

All a person has to do is reset the iPhone and it'll return back to it's last firmware update thus removing any possible support issue.

Rooting Android phones is a little different because this can trip the Knox Counter so the repair house is aware some core customisation has occurred. 

It's not an easy process but in some instances the Knox Counter can be reset. 

The Network can only see this subject as Black and White and no grey area. If they can see some core customisation then they can refuse support. 

My preference is to use the manufacturers support structure however with Vodafone UK they apply a 2 years warranty to iPhones to which Apple give 12 months so it's not always that route a person can take. 

So in short  :Smiling: reset the iPhone via it's internal reset options or use iTunes after backing up to remove any traces. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

sorry didint read that it was under ios ! oops.

Thank you for your kind replies guys . That was very useful .

No, It doesn't affect any warranty for our device. It's just a third party installer which helps to install third-party apps on our iOS devices.

Am using it for last 3 years and everything seems fine.