main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

EAP-SIM configuration on iOS for Underground WiFi

2: Seeker

Hello all,

It seems that EAP-SIM authentication no longer works on iOS devices for connecting to VodafoneWiFi on the London Underground. Previosuly, my iPhone would connect automatically, without having to go through the Virgin Media login screen.

However, in the last few days, this has stopped working. 

Any solutions?

View more options
10 REPLIES 10

You may have to connect manually if you're not having any success @Elshad. Take a look at this link on how to do this. Let us know how you get on 🙂

View more options

I am having the same issue - unable to connect to the Tube's wifi.

I spent 2 hours on the phone with customer support who were useless in solving the issue. Has anyone had any success with this? I have tried logging onto Vodafone wifi with no luck - I get an error. I have also tried logging into Virgin's wifi however I get an error saying that I am a prepaid customer (which I am not). Seems to be a very similar issue to this, however I am unable change my EAP SIM configuration on my ipone.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/London-Underground-Wifi-discontinued/td-p/2591968

Someone please help! Very frustrating... Having just signed up with vodafone I am seriously considering moving elsewhere...

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @cvon

You need to make sure you trying to connect to Vodafone WiFi NOT Virgin WiFi.  You also need to change the settings on your phone to EAP-AKA or EAP-SIM. 

If you still have problems after trying the above and are still unable to change the EAP setting, please post back on the forum and one of the forum Team will pick up your reply and help get you connected.

View more options
 wrote:

Hi @cvon

You need to make sure you trying to connect to Vodafone WiFi NOT Virgin WiFi.  You also need to change the settings on your phone to EAP-AKA or EAP-SIM. 

If you still have problems after trying the above and are still unable to change the EAP setting, please post back on the forum and one of the forum Team will pick up your reply and help get you connected.

Hi - thanks for the reply. I have amended my original post. I can't connect to Vodafone WiFi as it tells me my username and password are correct. I subsequently tried Virgin Wifi but this tells me that I am a pay as you go customer. I am unable to change my EAP setting - currently on an iPhone 7 and have googled how to do this but can't seem to find an answer. Please advise. Thanks 

View more options

@cvon You'll need to be in range of a Vodafone Wi-Fi hotspot in order to change these security settings. Change the settings on your iPhone 7 so that Security is set to EAP-AKA or EAP-SIM. 

Further trouble-shooting steps can be found here: http://vdfn.co/wifi

View more options

@Liam wrote:

@cvon You'll need to be in range of a Vodafone Wi-Fi hotspot in order to change these security settings. Change the settings on your iPhone 7 so that Security is set to EAP-AKA or EAP-SIM. 

Further trouble-shooting steps can be found here: http://vdfn.co/wifi

As far as I am aware, I cannot change these settings on my iPhone. I've seen posts here where people say they can do this on Android, but no where for iOS. A quick Google search has also not yielded any results. Even the link you refer to says "If you have an iPhone, you won't be able to edit the authentication method in your phone settings, as this is set by the service provider. For more information, please call 191 free from your Vodafone mobile." I've tried to explain this to your tech support but they have no idea what I am talking about.

I finally had a bit of luck with one tech, who understood the issue when I said that the Virgin Wifi said I am a pay as you go customer. However, he said he would need to escalate the issue to the back office (who knows if this was actually done) and that he was not allowed to give me a time frame of how long this would take. I asked if it could take up to a month and he said potentially. Vodafone, this is unacceptable. I am absolutely appauled at how difficult this is to resolve. I am a Vodafone customer, but everyime I call your techs treat me as if they are doing ME a favor. 

View more options
Administrator

@cvon So we're not crossing information over two threads, I've replied to you on the other one here

View more options

Hi - I have the iphone xs and cannot make any changes to EAP in order to connect to the VodafoneWifi. Could someone from Vodafone please assist.

View more options

@VVodafoneUK Hi there, on the iPhone forget the network on the Wi-Fi settings. Then connect to the Vodafone Wi-Fi again. it should ask you for your username and password. This is your Vodafone username and password you'd use to login to view your bills. Please let us know how you get on. Joe

View more options

I had a similar situation, maybe you used vpn on your device not quite correctly and because of this it did not want to connect it. Here is an article about its proper use. I was glad to help, if you have any questions, please contact

View more options