Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Emoji on vodafone

jus71n
4: Newbie

Just got an iphone 5s, but have read that some people are being charged for emoji & pictures over imessage as MMS other networks, whats vodafones stance on this???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

iMessage is a data related item and cannot be charged as an MMS.

However, sending a message to someone who doesn't have an iPhone and therefore isn't using iMessage is a different matter and may well be treated as an MMS as SMS is text only.

You would be far better off using a service that isn't dependent on a specific type of handset and that's outside of Apple's restrictive walled garden approach - whatsapp would be my recommendation.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

jeffkinn

iMessage is a data related item and cannot be charged as an MMS.

However, sending a message to someone who doesn't have an iPhone and therefore isn't using iMessage is a different matter and may well be treated as an MMS as SMS is text only.

You would be far better off using a service that isn't dependent on a specific type of handset and that's outside of Apple's restrictive walled garden approach - whatsapp would be my recommendation.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Nabs

My Android device seems to send Emoji's via SMS though they look quite different to the person at the other end so I suspect it's dependent on the manufacturers implementation. They may be doing some clever conversion in the background to make it plain text before sending it.