Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Esim

NicoloArielB
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello everyone and thanks in advance to those who will be able to answer my question.  I live in Italy and I also have a prepaid Vodafone UK sim.  I bought an iPhone 11.  I would like to use the phone with physical sim with my Italian line.  I would like to transform the sim Vodafone UK sim into esim.  Is it possible to do this job?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @NicoloArielB 

Although Vodafone are able to do an eSIM swap to activate an Apple Watch service How do I activate and set up a device with an eSIM? Vodafone are working with Apple to introduce the eSIM feature to the network.

Please see this link:  Apple Support

If you click on Europe and scroll to United Kingdom, you will see only EE offer the eSIM at this point in time, but keep a watch on the link for when it is updated with Apple.

It would also be worth mentioning that roaming is only for short periodic travel (holiday use), I mention this because Vodafone may restrict your service if you do not return to the UK.

not only EE , now it's also O2 and Three very soon , and vodafone is as  exclusive as my poo after eating too much cabbage 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @NicoloArielB 

No it's not possible I'm afraid.

If you search the Vodafone UK Community forum you'll see recent threads from people asking when Vodafone will support the esim for iPhones. 

Vodafone officially have said No at the moment but keep.an eye on the Vodafone UK Blog and Coming soon pages.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.