Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help!! No insurance?!?!?!?!

JamesIoannou
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I upgraded to my iphone 5s around January 2014. A few days later I got my phone and activated it and everything was fine, except for the 4G wasn't working - I went up to the Vodafone store in oxford circus, London and explained that it wasn't working. He worked some magic/activated my sim and it was fine. I then asked the gentleman that was serving me about my current insurance plan ( I am an accidental person and my father is very strict that all of our phones are insured - he pays the bills anyway so that wasn't a problem for me). He explained that I was not covered on my iphone 5s. He talked me through the policies and I took out the highest band policy to cover everything on my iphone - from memory it was around 11 or 12 pounds a month. Life went on as usual... Until yesterday where an accident in the gym resulted in my iPhone screen being shattered and part of the body being bent! I called up this evening to claim my insurance and was told that I am not insured at all! I questioned him explaining what I have just written there. My account has three numbers, myself and my two brothers, which is all paid for by my father. He said that the other two mobile numbers were insured but not mine - I explained where is the logic in that!! I 100% asked for insurance and the gentleman serving me in the store said it was all done and delt with. Before you say, you would have seen if the extra 11/12 pound was being charged per month, well I couldn't as my father is the billpayer and just pays it every month no problem! I am mortified that I have been walking around with an uninsured phone!

Vodafone/Someone please help me! Whether there is some legal path I can follow or what... But my ex-girlfriend was with me in the store and would testify to the fact that It was insured!

3 REPLIES 3

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Your phone may still be covered for accidental damage under your household insurance.  

If you don't currently have insurance, there isn't much that can be done I don't think. 

PWIAC

GojuSuzi
You could try contesting it in the store where they said they'd set it up, but to be honest, if you/he have not been paying the £12.99 a month for seven months, then you've 'saved' £90.93. Add in the £50 excess you'd pay, that's £140.93. Usually a non-insurance non-warranty repair seems to be £150, so in effect by accepting that ye're only 'losing' £9.07 which is not that bad when you think about it, especially as you can more than make that back by not being tied in to pay £12.99 for the next month and onwards.

Hartluck
12: Established
12: Established

Did you provide bank details for insurance instore?

If you did not the sale agent instore would not be able to add insurance to your fathers bill without his consent.

~~Clear eyes - Full Hart - Can't lose~~
“As wars come and go, my soldier stays eternal”

My comments represent my opinion which is not affiliated or sponsored in any way.