Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help needed to cancel upgrade order

Twise41
4: Newbie

Ordered an iPhone 7 128gb Jet Black as an upgrade for collection at my local store.

Like many on here I heard nothing from Vodafone prior to launch.  So I had an interesting online chat with customer services the Thursday before launch where I was informed my order would be delayed by 6 to 8 weeks - I requested they cancelled my order.  Told to wait two minutes while they processed the cancellation, 5 minutes later the chat disconnects....

Launch day arrives, still no responses from Vodafone, except for my wife who duly collected her Rose Gold iphone7 from our local store.  Called 191 only to be told cancellations were not available but to call back on Saturday at 9am.

That evening I went to my local Apple Store and within 40 minutes walked out the store with a matt black 128gb model.

saturday comes around and I receive a text to say my order is ready to collect from my local store!!!! Called 191 and after about an hour during which time the advisor tried sorting via cancellations and trying to call the local store the solution I was presented.... I needed to go to the store to "decline" the order..  

very reluctantly I went to my local store....1 hour later and having had both myself and an advisor call 191 they finally figured out how to "decline" the order but it would take 72hours to process.

roll on a week later and I get another message from Vodafone chasing me to collect my order.  Another call to 191 and another 30mins of my life I won't get back... the answer I get, go back to the store and call 191 from there to resolve!!!!  I think not so I have asked for a manager to call me, but that is going to take up to 48 hours.

this company is beyond a joke - is there any other way to get this resolved??

28 REPLIES 28

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

You say you walked out of the Apple Store with the iPhone of choice. 

May  I ask did they definitely upgrade you or have they opened up a new Vodafone contract which will have its own number and tariff ?

I hope the Callback resolves this for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Twise41
Apple didn't upgrade me the put me on their upgrade plan - just consider it asim free phone. At the moment I am using the sim for my old contract.

BandOfBrothers

Ah yes they introduced the programme to the uk. 

I like the Apple Care+ they've bundled with it. 

Please do then perservere with customer service to get the one through Vodafone quashed. Easy enough for me to say I understand. 

Current Phone  >

Quick update on this saga....

I didn't receive the promised call back from a manager within 48hrs so called 191 again on Monday.

After explaining the situation again (q. Why don't they read their own case notes??) and stating I hadn't received my call back from a manager - I get no apology, but I am told that my cancellation was raised with an "urgent priority" on Saturday and that I will get a text confirmation within 24hrs.

What a surprise I get no such text message but instead I get another nice reminder to go and collect my order from my local store (arghhhhhhh!!!!). But they can only keep it for 4 more days and to ring them if I would like to cancel (first time that has been mentioned.... shame I have been trying to do that for nearly two weeks!!)

I will be back on the phone to 191 again tomorrow....wonder what lie I will be given this time??  Someone at Vodafone please just listen....you are a communications company after all (supposedly)

BandOfBrothers

I had hoped this had now been satisfactory resolved for you by now.  :Sad_face:

Would you please update your thread from the outcome from your phone call. 

Current Phone  >

Hi @Twise41

I'm disappointed to hear about the experience you're having.

Has your order now been cancelled? 

Thanks, 

Sarah

Twise41
Sarah_L

At this point I am uncertain tbh. I called yesterday and was told the order was being cancelled and that I would get a text in 2 minutes to confirm - no text received.

I was also assured my billing would be amended when their "manager" got in and I would be notified confirming the £90 upfront payment wouldn't be taken- no such confirmation yet...maybe it was the same manager I was promised a call back from by Monday this week....

Hello, 

@Twise41, I'd recommend popping through to our Live Chat - they can check on the status of your order for you. 

@Raj747, in order to change the colour of your device we'd need to cancel your existing order. This isn't always possible, without the device being delivered and returned to us first; but if a workaround has been found then the cancellation would need to take full affect on your account before a new order can be processed for an alternative colour. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

Sarah_L

Followed your suggestion and just used the chat service.

Been told my order is showing status of FAILEDCONNECT in your system and to give it another 48hours

Still no confirmation text as promised and my billing has now happened so I they didn't amend that either - now have to wait for my £90 refund.

so again it is another game of wait and see - now at 2.5 weeks since I requested the cancellation....I personnaly think it was easier for the Vodafone processes to wait for my 2weeks collection period to be up and process the cancellation that way??? 

Either way it is still shocking - given there is no call backs from Managers (despite promises) and no other avenue to address complaints - I wonder what options I have now?  Certainly breaking the distance selling regulations.....