Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Hi I can not unlock my iphone5

Kennet
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I know iPhone 5 is not popular anymore but I have one and I want to give it to someone who doesn't use Vodafone. I already talk to one of the Vodafone branches near me and live chat nobody could solve my issue. I hope some here can do it.

I bought my phone more than 2 years ago from phone4u with Vodafone lock. Apparently, because it is from phone4  they cant give the unlocking code. I don't know what can I do. Can anyone help me with that?

Thank you in advance for your effort

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @Kennet rather than try and go through a lot of hassle I suspect, there is a quick(ish) way to get round the issue. If you were to get a vodafone payg sim, top it up with a small amount then use it on the vodafone uk network for 30 days, making the odd call or sending a few texts, then after 30 days you can fill in the NUC form using the payg number and it will then get unlocked (it can take a further 30 days for apple to finalise the unlock after that).

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

63johnw

Hi @Kennet rather than try and go through a lot of hassle I suspect, there is a quick(ish) way to get round the issue. If you were to get a vodafone payg sim, top it up with a small amount then use it on the vodafone uk network for 30 days, making the odd call or sending a few texts, then after 30 days you can fill in the NUC form using the payg number and it will then get unlocked (it can take a further 30 days for apple to finalise the unlock after that).

Thank you @63jhonw for your prompt answer. I will try that way I hope it will work.

63johnw

There shouldnt be any issues, come back here if there are and one of the Vodafone team will help.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/