cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long does it take to unlock iPhone 5S?

icon_boy2013
2: Seeker
I submited the online form, around 5 days ago, and Ive not heard anything back, not even a confirmation email? thanks
22 REPLIES 22

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Have you tried connecting the phone to iTunes with a non- Vodafone sim in it? That is the way the unlocking is finalised, you may find it is already unlocked.

You will not receive any email from either Vodafone or Apple telling you that Apple have unlocked it, you just have to keep connecting to iTunes to check.

Retired-Sarah
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jay1,

If you’d like our team to look into this for you, please click here, to get in touch.

Thanks,

Sarah

I filled in the form several months ago when the contract on my iPhone 5 expired, never got any email back (and I always scan my junk folder). Concered as I planned to get a 6, I submitted the form several weeks ago, again no email with a reference number. So I call up last week and finally navigating through the IVR I reach a member of staff who says there is no sign of any unlock code request and she fills it out over the phone.

Whilst I got a text confirmation, still no emails being sent to me.

The resell value of an unlocked iPhone 5 is £35 higher. If I loose out on this due to Vodafones incompetence I'll be sending an invoice,

kids

As you have a text confirmation Vodafone will have submitted your unlock request to Apple, you won't get anything from Apple or Vodafone telling you when  the phone has been unlocked.

Apple can take up to 21 days to process the unlock, have you tried connecting the phone to iTunes with a non-Vodafone sim in it? That is the only way the unlocking is finalised and if it is unlocked you will see a pop-up in iTunes telling you so.

@kids wrote:

As you have a text confirmation Vodafone will have submitted your unlock request to Apple, you won't get anything from Apple or Vodafone telling you when  the phone has been unlocked.

So why does the FAQ state that you will, and if you haven't had anything within 7 days to leave a message on the forums?

@kids wrote:

Apple can take up to 21 days to process the unlock

So is it 7 (as per the FAQ), 10 (as per the CSA) or 21 (as per you) then?

@kids wrote:

have you tried connecting the phone to iTunes with a non-Vodafone sim in it? That is the only way the unlocking is finalised and if it is unlocked you will see a pop-up in iTunes telling you so.

Yup and it continues to tell me that my phone is locked and to contact my network.

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi artesea,

We'll be happy to check we received your request.

So that we can look into this further, see here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Once the request has been verified, the information is passed on to the manufacturer.

We advise that depending on the manufacturer that it will take between seven to ten working days, however this is a guide and this will be down to the manufacturer.

DaveCD

1. Hiya, I came into one of your stores last Tuesday to get my mums phone unlocked who has sadly passed away. I was told it would take up to 24-48 hours. It has been 8 working days and the phone will still not take my SIM card. I do not know if the unlocking has been unsuccessful or what ? Please can you help as I'm currently without a phone and would really like to use it. 

mltiana

I seem to be having the same issue!  Really poor service! spent ages on numberous phone calls to be told that there is nothing that CS can do that that all i can do is keep emailing NUCRESOLUTIONS. trouble is i NEVER get a reply; jsut an automated response saying i shoudl hear back in 48h. yeah right! 

My contract has finished with VF and trying to get my phone unlocked has taken 2 weeks and i am NO WHERE with it ! 

turns out part of the problem was that apple exhanged my phone (in warantee) and the IMEI on the VF database is wrong. SO i dully got proof from apple and submitted it to the email address as instructed by your helpfull agent and....... wait for it........  nothing zilch nada. jsut the silly automated response that i will get a reply in 48h. called CS agian, they advise to send anothe email, which i did, guess what i got...... anther automated email saying 48h.

Really Really dissappinted, been with VF for 15years now and the service has always been good. now that i have moved and there is no signal in my hose i change network and it feels like VF are like "whatever you have left us"

[#8182168]

:smileymad:

Hi mltiana,

I’m sorry to hear that this has happened.

So that we can take a look at this for you, get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Wayne

I have submitted me request on the 4th October 2014 and recieved an email informing me my phone should be unlocked in 48 hours on 11/10/2014. I have just upgraded with you so I thought you would be willing to help unlock my phone.