cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to lose a customer of over 15 years..

Bungy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

So, like many people I have been patiently awaiting the arrival of my Jet Black iPhone 7 for nearly 2 months. Last Tuesday I received a text telling me the wait was over and my phone was being dispatched - however no DPD tracking followed. Spoke with Live Chat last Friday - who were hopeless and they advised me to call 191 as they did not have access to "all the systems". I did this - was told I would get tracking number and confirmation yesterday or today. Guess what no tracking number. Call 191 this evening - can't help as warehouse is shut. I ask why was a text sent went the phone clearly had not be dispatched - can't give me an answer. I actually started with Vodafone on an analogue contract and have been with them ever since. Sadly once the new phone arrives it will be my last contract. My trade in value for my iPhone 6 has dropped and I have been paying an inflated tarrif whilst waiting for the new phone and contract to start. Now have to phone again tomorrow between 08:00 and 18:00 (when the wareghouse is open). No-one has offered me any solutions to my problems, no answers to my questions - just call back and repeat to another poor soul who has to listen to my moaning. Try spending money on supporting loyal customers than Hollywood actors for your adverts.

19 REPLIES 19

B3aver
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I'm in the same boat all be it not been with Vodafone for 15 years I'm currently waiting for my upgrade to  iPhone 7 plus jet black 256gb they tried to make me pay for the phone about a month ago even though I got told would be a month after receiving the phone, yet I'm still waiting my contract ended early October I think so at this present time I should be classed as sim only as if I cancelled my contract while waiting for the phone I would be pretty poor service tbh. My tracking order says 2-9 th November let's see if it gets put back again been waiting since release date as I ordered on  the preorder date and all I've been promised is a free power bank worth £40 but in reality £10 if that and mines most likely better

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Bungy

Like you I have been involved in the waiting game for iPhones as Apple always fail to supply enough units it seems. 

Things can sometimes go wrong which I'm sure many accept, but then it's ultimately down to how it's put right that then counts ,and instills confidence back into the product and service.

Communication is Key and so is an apology. 

I hope you recieve good news. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It gets worse they've now bounced my call 3 times after being put on hold on the same call - had to repeat everything 3 times -  no further forward after nearly an hour today (1/2 hour this monring and 1/2 hour this afternoon) on the phone listening to music and random people picking the call. Phoned 191 this morning at 08:00 when warehouse was open - was promised by that operative that the warehouse would call me - no call back by 16:00. Phone 191 at 16:00 - operative says they will put me on hold to read notes and look into the case - 10 minutes later get dialling tone and are then connected to a completly different operative (repeated this twice more for good measure). I 'm now promised another call back from opeartive who I spoke to at 16:00 - do I hold any hope this will actually occur - well no I don't. Well done Vodafone - you have finally beaten the last bit of good will from me today - I hope you are proud of your achievements.

The bit that I dont understand is why the need to call back ?

If youve spent 30 mins on the phone then sort it out whilst I wait.

dont transfer me, dont tell me to call back and dont call me back !!

just sort it out now !

Vodafone  wake the funk up !!

I think the call back "promise" is just to get rid of you and they then hope if I call them back I'll be connected to someone else and not them. I will try and call them in about 1/2 an hour - I hope they do use my call recordings for "training purposes" as they may learn what poor customer service looks like.

Ive just checked my order and last email was 21/10/2016 saying we will be in touch 10 days or sooner.

Well that was 12 days ago so thats me done also.

14 years I have 4 contracts but 2 will be cancelled before the end of the year.

Its a case of principal now and there not getting away with it anymore.

Ill go to another network regardless of vea and good network. To me customer service is far far more important and lets face it, look around this forum. The wheels have well and truly fallen off.

.....and the saga continues - now been told that stock will be allocated within the next 3 to 5 days and then will be sent out. So despite being told by text at 10:57 on Tuesday 25th October that (and I now quote) "Good news! Your iPhone order is now being dispatched - thanks for your patience" there was no "good news" my phone was not "being dispatched" and they still haven't actually got my phone. So Vodafone - tell your call handling operatives to tell customers the real status of their order when they call - we are grown ups, we can "handle the truth". If you say you will call back - call us back - don't use it as a way of dumping an even more fustrated customer on someone else. If you put us on hold to to do something - don't use it to dump the customer on some poor unsuspecting soul because when you found out the status of my order you didn't want to tell us the "Good news" was in fact a lie. I will now crawl back into my cave for another week - by which time I have been told I will have my iPhone - I will be using that time wisely looking for alternative providers on mobile telephony just in case you break another promise (you have been warned).

@Bungy wrote:

.....and the saga continues - now been told that stock will be allocated within the next 3 to 5 days and then will be sent out. So despite being told by text at 10:57 on Tuesday 25th October that (and I now quote) "Good news! Your iPhone order is now being dispatched - thanks for your patience" there was no "good news" my phone was not "being dispatched" and they still haven't actually got my phone. So Vodafone - tell your call handling operatives to tell customers the real status of their order when they call - we are grown ups, we can "handle the truth". If you say you will call back - call us back - don't use it as a way of dumping an even more fustrated customer on someone else. If you put us on hold to to do something - don't use it to dump the customer on some poor unsuspecting soul because when you found out the status of my order you didn't want to tell us the "Good news" was in fact a lie. I will now crawl back into my cave for another week - by which time I have been told I will have my iPhone - I will be using that time wisely looking for alternative providers on mobile telephony just in case you break another promise (you have been warned).

I am am having one delivered today that I don't want.. mid cancellation. I'm on my 4th operator ( who doesn't know why I've been put through to them) and now waiting for customer resolutions team to answer the phone. 

Its funny because I've read of people cancelling and then their phones have turned up. I suggest if people are still waiting and want their handset then they should cancel their upgrade and when it is delivered, sign for it and then the upgrade cancellation is automatically rescinded. 

I know now that might seem a gamble for some but what have you got to lose..

my my advice is to go sim only and join Apples upgrade program as they regularly have 'store pick up' stock for that intended purpose.. you may have to travel to a store and the London ones are a no no but I have seen stock levels of various different handsets on a daily basis and their inventory is updated every day at 6am. Unlike VF crap tracker which still shows 30nov -01feb delivery yet mine will arrive today. 

Too little too late VF. 

Hello 

Our apologies for the delay. I completely understand your frustration and distress at this experience while waiting for your iPhones. 

I can assure you that Vodafone are working hard alongside Apple to complete everyone's orders as quickly as possible. Our sincere apologies for the delay. 

For the latest updates on your individual orders please use our Order Tracker page. 

Louise