Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to make a claim against Vodafone

Lelandsmum
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I sent a phone in the packaging provided by you for a trade in and when I sent the phone was in brilliant condition however when i then contacted Vodafone to see what was happening was told the phone had a massive crack on the screen which wasn’t there when I sent it so now I lost my trade in offer on my new contract so would like to make a claim. I have tried to attached a photo of the picture you had sent me. I can definitely say I would never use trade in again if you could get in contact that would be great. Anyone else had these sorts of problems 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You may need to speak to the department that deals with Vodafone Trade In phones.

Did you by chance take time and date stamped pictures of the phone before you sent it off and was any in transit parcel insurance applicable.

In hindsight When trading in it maybe wiser to take the phone into a Vodafone Highstreet Store to do this as the employee can then Note its condition.

They then send it off to be assessed.

Unfortunately it's now your word that the phone wasn't damaged in that way when you sent it off.

You could try the Complaints procedure  too @Lelandsmum 

These are the Trade In T&C's 

And some info in 》 Here. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I did take a picture before hand and I did pay for the next day delivery by 1pm which had me covered by Royal Mail when i asked about trade in they only told me about sending the phone back never said anything about being able to take it in to the store. Not fair that when it was damaged by them that i now have to miss out on my promotion to have the discount on my new phone and now I have to fork out the extras Ive already spoke to trade in and Vodafone and it’s like hitting your head against a brick wall if I’m honest just wondered if anyone else has been down this road and what the outcome was for them 

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate what your saying @Lelandsmum 

You could submit the photo of the phone to them.

Was it date and time stamped too ?

You can then see what they'll do as a goodwill gesture.

Current Phone  >

Yes it is I already sent them the picture now I have to wait for a manager to ring me anything up to 72hours I been told. Thank you for advise 

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @Lelandsmum  and I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >