Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I am still waiting for my NUC code.

meggieb
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have now sent two requests through the online form to get my NUC. I have chatted online with the rep who could not resolve the issue and asked me to

send an email to the NUC team. Unfortunately, I just get automated email messages but no NUC. 

Can someone from Vodafone please help. 

Thsnk you. 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @meggieb

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.

This is what happens when a persons fills out the NUC Unlocking Form > Vodafone normally would email you Within 7 days to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. (Check Spam Inboxes too)
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Tip > Do not fill out too many Nuc Unlocking Forms are your repeated requests can be flagged as potential fraud which can then cause issues. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you. 

It it is an iPhone 5 so I will see if it has been unlocked. 

It is just confusing because I received the attached email that I would be getting another email with instructions. 

BandOfBrothers

Yes i agree it can be confusing from Vodafones email notification which is something that's been raised in the past. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Hi @meggieb if it's an iPhone you don't actually receive a code, the request is sent from Vodafone to Apple to request they unlock it and it's done remotely by them. It can take up to 30 days.

Have you tried inserting a different network sim in your phone? If it's an older device also you could try connecting to iTunes to see if that helps.