Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

IPhone 6s supposedly out of warranty

atejani
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

I was hoping for some advice please. I currently own an iphone 6s and the charging port suddenly stopped working a few days ago. I took this in to the Apple Store who advised me that the whole phone would need replacing as it was a hardware issue but I was out of warranty through Apple. However, I was still within the Vodafone warranty and so I took it to the Vodafone Store who sent it off for repair.

I got a phone call yesterday saying that because I have the tiniest of chips in the top right corner of my screen, and even though this is completely unrelated to the issue with the phone, this has deemed my phone "Out of Warranty" and therefore I will be charged for my phone to be fixed!

To say I am exasperated is somewhat of an understatement. Can anyone offer any advice on whether this is correct or not? I could not see anything to do with cosmetic damage deeming a phone out of warranty on the Vodafone T&Cs

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Apple apply a 12 month warranty. 

Vodafone apply a 24 month warranty to iPhone's supplied by them. 

Unfortunatley as you've come across if there is any aesthetic damage that can be attributed to an accidental drop then they can take the opinion that the issues you've raised can be a direct result of a drop. 

Alternative avenues could be home insurance and some banks give cover as a perk of the account or pay Apple for an out if warranty replacement. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply. The aesthetic damage, however, occurred a year prior to the charging port issue. I am not willing to raise my insurance premiums by making a claim on home insurance when this is something that should be covered by Vodafone?

BandOfBrothers

Ok look at the flip side.

How is Apple or Vodafone able to uphold when you say the damage to the screen happened.

The incident could have caused the issue to the port but it's not failed until now could be argued ! 

I'm in no way questioning your integrity but they have to look at it in Black and White. 

Current Phone  >

True, I can follow your trail of thought, thanks for clarifying

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome.

If this was my phone id ask an Apple Store Genius bar person to look at it and give a quote. 

Then make an informed decision on what avenue you want to take. 

Best of luck @atejani

Current Phone  >