main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

iOS

Insurance Claim Nightmare

Highlighted
1: Seeker

I purchased an IPhone and insurance through Carphone Warehouse but have a pay as you go contract with Vodafone. Unfortunately I lost my phone over the weekend. I called Vodafone and the customer support person claimed they barred my SIM and blacklisted the handset. However they blacklisted the wrong IMEI so when I tried to make my claim with carphone warehouse they said it wasn’t blacklisted and now I need to provide written proof of blacklisting.  I spent four hours on the phone to Vodafone yesterday who don’t seem to know what they are doing because some advisors claim they can’t blacklist the phone as I didn’t purchase it from Vodafone. Carphone Warehouse say only the network provider can blacklist the phone. I was back and forth for hours and frankly no one at Vodafone seems to know or understand that you can blacklist the handset. I also don’t understand why your customer service cannot send written confirmation of blacklisting. I am stuck in limbo between Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone and all this because (1) Vodafone wrongly blacklisted some random phone (2) Vodafone customer service doesn’t seem to know that you are meant to blacklist phones even if the phone isn’t purchased from you and (3) I don’t understand why Vodafone advisors apparently cannot send external emails; so they can’t even provide written confirmation of what has been done. Ridiculous!! So now I’m stuck without being able to complete my claim because Vodafone doesn’t know what it has to do and can’t confirm it’s done it!!! Some training for your customer service reps should be in order!!! 

View more options
4 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @Meispace vodafone can block phones purchased from CPW as long as it has a vodafone sim in at the time it went missing.

One of the team here should be able to help, if you can hang on a little while they will get to your post and offer some help.

View more options
1: Seeker

Thanks, but I spent 4 hours on the phone with Vodafone yesterday being told by 3 people that they COULD NOT block the phone because the phone wasn’t purchased from Vodafone. They even ‘consulted the manager’ before telling me absolutely no way this could be done. This has been the most frustrating experience. 

View more options
17: Community Champion

@Meispace please find below a snip from a previous thread on the subject. The team here are very good and will help once they get to your post.

block.PNG

View more options

@Meispace - I’m sorry for the amount of time you’ve spent, trying to get the phone blacklisted and confirmation of this.

We can help and we’ll also feedback the experience you’ve had. Please follow the steps in this private message, with how to send us your details.

View more options