Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Insurance replacement iPhone 6 has touch disease

Pierre1610
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had my damaged iPhone 6 replaced via an insurance claim 6 months ago. Right from the off the phone was a little slow to respond to touch. I figured it was just me being impatient. It got gradually worse, I enquired in both Vodafone shops and Apple stores over the months and was advised to press both buttons to soft reset which did improve things. Finally a week ago (just under 6 months from the insurance replacement) it failed completely. I went into a Vodafone store and they advised me to go to apple. Phoning Apple they told me to do a factory reset via iTunes which still didn't fix it. I went into the Apple Store today and they did a low level factory reset which fixed it for 15 mins (longest yet) but it still failed. I then went back to the Apple Store and claimed it must be the dreaded touch disease. They didn't admit to it but offered the same reduced replacement cost of £129 that the iPhone 6+ has a service plan for. I got nowhere quoting uk consumer law as I got the phone via a contract with Vodafone. Where can I go from here. The phone is 6 months old and clearly had this problem since it was given to me as an insurance replacement, annoyingly it's now past the 90 day warranty.

Any advise?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

NedFlanders1984
6: Helper
6: Helper

Hey @Pierre1610

Sorry to hear about your phone. Sounds like you have had a terrible time of it! If you got a new phone from the Insurance company, thats covered for 1 year. If the phone has been playing up, I would suggest going back to the Insurnace company and see what else they can do.

All apple products are covered for 1 year with Vodafone, then if you have insurance that takes over after the year. It sounds like a maunfarering fault, not a accidental fault. Call the claims team 0333 304 3346 they should help!

Cheers

:0)

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Pierre1610

The Touch disease is something I posted about in News-iPhone-6-Touch-Disease. And in News-Has-your-iPhone-6-6-Plus-been-afflicted-with-touch-disease.

As much as Apples typical customer service and support is unmatched in the sector they have been known to batten down the hatches when it comes to acknowledging issues. 

Please do go back to source for assistance. 

The info in this link will help if neeed. > which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.