Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 4 screen

jonfrost
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My iphone 4 screen is losing its integrity and as such, i am unable to text properly. The phone has never been damp, dropped or the screen damaged in any way. I went to my local Vodafone store to day and was told that even though i am a contract customer 13 months into a 24 month contract...I will have to pay for the phone to be repaired. I asked for the contract to be cancelled as I do not wish to be paying monthly for an item that is not working. I was told to contact online support. Online support told me the same thing. I even offered to start a new contract on a iphone 5s, but was told I would still have to pay for the remaining 11 months on my contract even though my phone does not work. All I want is a phone that works properly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Which is why I would make Apple my first port of call.

I would prefer to trust the diagnosis of a Genius than a Vodafone store manger.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

kids
The warranty on an iPhone is 12 months irrespective of the contract length.

Your best bet is to make an appointment at an Apple store and let a Genius look at it. In view of the age of the phone they may replace it free of charge.

13 months old, 1 month over the warranty

kids
Exactly why an Apple store is your best bet.

Apple Genius's have a lot of discretion as to whether they stick to the 12month warranty, as long as the phone does not show signs of being badly treated they could use that discretion and replace the screen for you.

Thanks, i will try stormfront and see what they say

I was told by vodaphone that at the end of my contract, I get to keep the phone.... great 11 months of paying for a phone that does not work and the i get to keep a broken phone !

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Although thr Apple warranty is only 12 months, Vodafone will repair iPhones in the second year as long as the damage is not user damage.

Take it to a Vodafone store and ask the manager to assess the phone and ask them to repair it for nothing.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@jonfrost wrote:

I was told by vodaphone that at the end of my contract, I get to keep the phone.... great 11 months of paying for a phone that does not work and the i get to keep a broken phone !

But Vodafone will give you a 24 month warranty on the iPhone.   Take it to your local Vodafone Store and they can send it off for repair.

PWIAC

I did all that, the shop examined it and said that it was not damaged at all but obviously there was something wrong with it .... nothing that they could do, as 'Bury St Edmunds Vodafone shop' cant help you anymore than to tell you to get in contact with Vodafone on line.

This is the kind of service I recieved from Orange and so moved to Vodafone 

kids
Which is why I would make Apple my first port of call.

I would prefer to trust the diagnosis of a Genius than a Vodafone store manger.