Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 4s unlock problem

Lgeg1984
2: Seeker

Hi

My sister got an email on 22 april 2014 stating that her IPhone 4 had now been unlocked (Reference Number: 1303022) however when non-Vodafone SIM is inserted an error mesage shows up indicating that the phone is still locked.

Help please!

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Is your sister inserting the non Vodafone sim and then connecting to ITunes?

That is the way that the unlock has to be completed.

Hi

Thanks for your help.  The below error message appears in Itunes so it does seem to be a carrier issue.  It looks like I need a Vodafone technical person to assist as this seems to be fairly common.

Cat

The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Lgeg1984

If you could ask your sister to get in touch with us here, we'll double check if the iPhone has been unlocked :).

Thanks

Sukhi

volcano_as

Hi. my friend brought me a present from the United Kingdom uses and then the iPhone 4 I can't use the phone brand and model. When he gave his sim card, I would be very happy if you resolve the error. Many thanks in advance

volcano_as

hello. Britain also used to bring my friend's iPhone 4 as a gift to me and then I can not use the phone brand and model. Insert the SIM card of my own would be very happy if they had failed to solve. Many thanks in advance

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If your friend was the original owner, you will need to get him to request the unlocking of the phone.  Only the original owner can request the unlocking if it was supplied on contract. 

PWIAC

volcano_as

Ben dönüştürücü kullanıyorum. Kısacası, kilidi sorunu sim. lütfen bana yardım et.

volcano_as

vodafone IMEI number does not solve the problem? can someone help me competent?

kids

No, the IMEI number will not solve your problem.

Vodafone will ONLY unlock the phone of the original owener, i.e. the person to who Vodafone originally supplied the person to on a contracxt.

They will NOT unlock if for anyone else.

If your friend was not the original owner and does not know who he / she is then you will not be able to get the phone officially unlocked.