Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 5s Charge dropping from 50 - 1 % when switched on

shobo22
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Like so many other people, since installing the latest version of iOS on my iphone 5s I'm having problems with the charge dropping and the handset shutting down.  It seems that if I switch off my phone with 50% charge or less, when I switch it back on, usually the next morning, the charge immediately drops to 1% then the handset shuts down.  Everything worked perfectly before the software upgrade so I'm assuming it's the battery saver issue on older phones that's causing this.  My phone is still covered under the 2yr warranty that Vodafone offer but I've been told that the battery is classed as an accessory so not covered.  Anyone else had this problem? Is that cortect that the battery isn't covered - I've got about a month of warranty left!

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

In sure you.have looked at this @shobo22 but what is your battery monitor saying whats using your battery ?

Sometimes after an update a reset via itunes can help in some cases after backing up to iCloud. 

IPhone batteries do have a 1 year warranty. 

The phone itself from Vodafone has a 24 month manufacturing warranty for hardware and software issues. 

Apple themselves only offer 12 months. 

Some help info from Apple regarding batteries and how they diminish over time. Apple Support.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.