main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

Iphone 7 No service (just Vodafone)

1: Seeker

Weird issue !! Please HELP

I tranferred my number from ID mobile to Vodafone with PAC code.. Everything was rather smooth BUT !

It does not work with my iPhone 7.

Originally phone was bought from o2 ( ~3 years ago) - locked. A year ago or so it was unlocked.

It is working perfectly fine with o2, EE, 3Mobile, iD but refusing to work with any Vodafone sim card.

Spend about 4 hours in total with support over a phone - no luck. Was advised to contact Apple and previous provider (iD mobile) as they can't help me. 

Vodafone stated that phone is not locked and its hardware issue.

Apple say iPhone is fine because it can see all the networks (it does)

iD and o2 was telling that phone is not locket either.

If I use that new Vodafone SIM card on any other phone it works just fine.

My wife has identical iPhone (Vodafone as well) bought from Apple 2 years ago and my new SIM card DOES work, but if I put wife's SIM into my iPhone it says no service...

I have a SIM card which I bought while ago on holidays from outside the UK and it does work as well on my iPhone and says Vodafone UK !! 

I did a full wipe on Iphone (3 times) reset all the network setting, tried manually select Vodafone network - NO SERVICE.

iTunes can see phone number on the SIM.

So phone obviously has no issues with hardware as it is working just fine with at least 4 different SIM cards but it doesn't work with Vodafone.

Latest iOS.

Any ideas ?

Thank you

View more options
1 REPLY 1
17: Community Champion

I've seen this before @G-jas where a phone that was originally supplied by a network and then unlocked to all networks has issues working with a particular network. 

Sometimes it's a glitch and hooking up to iTunes helps which I see you've tried. 

However as the iPhone wasn't supplied by Vodafone originally they wont be able to help. 

Theres no easy answer here because on paper it should just work. 

I hope this clears up for you soon or you may have to consider selling it and buying one that your Vodafone sim card will work with. 

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options