Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 7 charging and battery

janeybwells
1: Seeker

My new iphone 7 looses charge very quickly and the charger gets very hot.  My husband has the same phone and his charger does not do this.  Is the phone/charger defective?

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Can I ask if you have looked at the battery stats in the phones settings to see if an app is running and or background apps like weather etc

Do you have a case and or screen protector applied?

An Apple Store Genius Bar would be a good place to have a diagnostic test as a Vodafone Highstreet Store would have to send the iPhone away. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I looked at the battery stats.  I have this morning turned all the background apps off but I thought that I had done this before.  Email was using a lot and I keep turning mobile data and wifi off.  I don't have a screen protector but it has a case around it with a back and a front.

A case can hinder the phone dissipating heat but it shouldn't heat up too much.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

redpages

I'd try the charger your husband has with your phone. This will let you narrow down where the fault lies.

• If your phone charges normally with good battery while using his charger then it points to your charger being faulty
  • If the same problem occurs then you can most likely rule out it being a charger problem and focus on the device instead.

If the app troubleshooting suggested by bandofbrothers hasn't helped then it'd be worth looking into warranty options / Apple repair. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community