Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone 7 plus pre order issues

Jaysen26
2: Seeker

I know a lot of people are having issue with the pre-order of the Iphone 7, particularly the plus. Can it even be called pre-order? There has certainly been no benefit to me ordering the phone on the 9th of September at 08:01 as soon as the phone lines opened.

My ordeal started on this date (09/09/16) the first “pre order” day. I phoned up and got through to someone within 30-40 seconds. So you would think that perhaps I would be in good grounds to get the phone on the agreed release/delivery date (16/09/16). After 4 hours of placing the order I had still received no confirmation of the order. I went onto the support portal and had an online chat with an advisor who told me I hadn’t placed an order for a phone with them.  He told me that I can place an order with him on the chat. I refused this as I did not want to lose my place in the queue. I then rang the support line (at around 14:00) to speak to someone about my order. The person I spoke to said that there was no order but they can see notes on my account showing that I had placed one. This person apologised and then placed the order saying that they put me back in the queue as if my order had gone through at 08:01 that day. After this phone call I then received a text with the wrong pricing on telling me that my new contract was £68.00 a month!! This then meant I had to phone back again to find out what was going on and why this had changed to what I had agreed. I was then told this was a mistake and that the price I agreed was on the contract and not £68.00. I then asked the advisor to confirm my order and asked if I still had the place in the queue I should have had when I phone at 08:01. They agreed and told me this had been prioritised and I was in a better place than I would have been at 08:01.

So the 16th of September arrived and I received a text at 00:50 which woke me up. The text saying (I’ve not included my order number): “Just to let you know, we?re waiting to get your order EDM-*************** From the manufacturer. We?ll send another update in 3 days? Or sooner if we have more info”.

Yes the question marks were in the text for some reason?

So during the day on the 16th I phoned up to try to get an update on the order and was told they didn’t have one and that basically Apple did not deliver the right amount of phones to Vodafone. I was told that this was not Vodafone’s issue this issue was Apples. This is not the sort of update you want to hear. I pay Vodafone for the phone and my contract not Apple, so my issue is with Vodafone.

I gave it a few days and got another text saying the exact same thing as above but this time it was sent through at 03:52 telling me an update would be available in another 3 days. I rang up again to speak to someone to get a better update than “you will have an update in 3 days” to be told the exact same thing as on the 16th by the advisor on the phone, and to be told my order was prioritised.

Another few days later on the 22nd I received another text say that I would now receive and update in 4 days. Again the text was sent at a stupid time and woke me up, this one was sent at 00:54. I phoned through to Vodafone again to speak to a support advisor who told me my order would arrive on the 1st of October.  I asked to cancel my order and was told that I couldn’t and that I had to wait for the phone to arrive before I could cancel. This is defiantly not something I wanted to hear so I ask to be put through to the resolutions/complaints team. The advisor in this team then told me I couldn’t raise a complaint and I had to then also wait to get my phone. She then advised that October 1st was an estimate and not even a true delivery date. She then went on to give me the same story that I have been given for weeks, that the issue was not Vodafone’s but Apples.

I have started to give up at this point. What more can I do? I can’t cancel my order, I can’t raise a complaint. I have got no real update, and have been continued to be lied to by the Vodafone advisors who just want to get me off the phone.

The last update I have had from Vodafone was on the 26/09/16 saying the below: “Hello. Unfortunately due to exceptionally high demand we’re still waiting to receive stock from the manufacturer – we’re sorry or the delay. You can find the latest information on your order by visiting www.vodafone.co.uk/trackmyorder and entering your order number EDM-************. Just so you know, our contact centre agents don’t have any further information.

I haven’t since contacted Vodafone for an update and have been checking the tracking portal. Last week the portal finally gave some kind of an update saying my estimated delivery date was from the 28th to the 5th. I checked this again on Saturday 1st and it has now changed and been pushed back now to the 5th to 12th. Today (03/10/16) I have been onto my Vodafone portal to find that I have had £160 charge added to my bill for the phone I still do not have! This will be taken in a few days via DD. This is unacceptable.

I am at a loss of what to do. I’ve been told I can’t raise a complaint, I can’t cancel my order and now I’m being charged for the phone! The customer service I have received has been appalling. Why do Vodafone treat their loyal customers this way? I have had my current phone number with Vodafone for 10 years!

Any ideas to what I can do next would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

17 REPLIES 17

Jaysen26

I sent the above through to the CEO Nick Jefferies and i got a phone call from Vodafone complaints.

They text me saying they would call. 3 hours later they called me while i was driving home from work. They advised they would be in contact with me 24-48 hours to let me know the resolution. They have until 5pm today. If i dont hear from anyone before 5pm i will be raising an offical complaint with Ofcom/ombudsman.

I am sick of the lack of customer service from Vodafone.

@ Jaysen26 completeley agree with you I am in exactly the same boat. Only difference is I dont wven have a tracking number. But I do get enmial stating the delay 1st 4 day then 10 day and today another 10 day. Good Luck to you

I'm in the same boat.

I basically am upset by the charge when they don't have a delivery date and my contact hasn't changed. However I can't do anything until the phone arrives.

I strongly believe that vodafone should review their policies. However whenever this is mentioned people behave like I'm speaking an alien tongue. 

So the 48 hour time frame they gave me for a resolution has now passed. I called vodafone to be told my case had been escalted higher up and that they would be in contact with me either today or by end of play tomorrow. (another 24hrs). I really am loosing the will with Vodafone now. I will be asking for a deadlock letter tomorrow, and i will be going to ofcom/ombusman.

So today i have heard nothing from Vodafone. I have rang up and i am still on hold now 55minutes later. I am trying to speak to the resolutions team so i can get a deadlock letter. Twise i have been told i will be getting a call and ive had to call up as they havnt called me. More broken promises. Just to make things worse they have now changed estimated delivery to 5th Oct to 19th.  I ordered the phone 4 weeks ago tomorrow....

Daniel1988
I in same boat mate. Just been told mine will be 12th-19th. This is after they promised me this morning delivery would be tomorrow. Then they say tonight it was going to be tomorrow but they have send the iPhones back due to a problem and they waiting for replacements

Thats bad, sorry to hear! That is clearly Vodafone making up lies again. Ive never known any company be this shocking!

Daniel1988
No me neither. You still waiting for your iPhone 7 top then?

Daniel1988
Too*