Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone se delays

Reach78
2: Seeker
So upgraded to an iphone se 2 weeks ago was told 7-10 days after being fobbed off for days finally got told another 2-3 weeks and now I can't even cancel my contract till it gets here! Vodafone are a joke! 1 guy even blamed dpd for their low stock ! Never knew dpd made Iphones
14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

If a phone is on a stock delay, pre order or out of stock status then you can cancel. The frontline agents cannot however do this. You'll need to be passed to cancellations on a weekday between 9am and 5pm. 

The only time a person can't cancel is if your past the first hour of ordering and the phones in stock. 

Regarding the iPhone Unfortunately it's a common factor with newly launched phones that delays exist.   

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Reach78
I did that and she said I cannot cancel now I've put in myour upgrade order only when it arrives can I do that so basically she is lying?

BandOfBrothers

As I say if the phone was In-Stock then if you hadn't cancelled within let's call it the 'Golden Hour' then you would have to wait while it was delivered and then send it back within 30 days cooling off period. 

Another example is if you decided to choose another phone because the SE was out of stock / on delay then the process is for the agent to first cancel the upgrade / new contract and start again. 

Its unreasonable to hold a person until the phone eventually comes into stock and make them take delivery to then be able to cancel. Makes no sense.

Which is why its best to ask for the cancellations team via the customer service agent on 191.  

Current Phone  >

Definately lying. I cancelled my order for iphone SE yesterday after waiting 3 weeks....getting one delivered by Virgin Friday. Would have got it tomorrow but I'm out.

Virgin has iphone SE in stock again for anyone interested in switching to another provider.....

Reach78
Got a courtesy call later he said it was apples fault and hinted they were recalling stock because of a fault

BandOfBrothers

A fault ? That's something I've not seen. 

I recently visited my local Apple Store and they advised stock was limited at present. 

I also follow MacRumors and haven't seen many issues. Apart from Bluetooth issues that has been addressed by the most recent iOS update that's just come out. 

Current Phone  >

Reach78
That's what he was hinting at said another 2-3 weeks said they where withholding stock to fix the issue or maybe they are just holding them back to make them seem more popular who knows who cares just feel like a fraud giving in now and going for 6s

BandOfBrothers

I'm not able to confirm what your being told. Only just what I personally follow on other sites such as idownloadblog etc and the questions I ask in my Apple Store. 

The 6s is a quality iPhone. :Smiling:

I'm currently using the iPhone 6 Plus and awaiting to see what happens in Apples September 16 Keynote which will help me decide to go for the iPhone 7 (or whatever they call it) or jump ship to the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge. 

Current Phone  >