Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Iphone unlock

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I bought a contract iphone from the CPW 2 years ago and i want to unlock it so i can use other networks. Does anyone know who is responsible to do it as I requested a unlock code from Vodafone, they said its not a vodafone device and CPW should unlock it but then i ask them they say its Vodafone. I know CPW don't as it clearly stated on their website the network carrier is responsible for it. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Carphone Warehouse cannot unlock it @Anonymous

The Network has to request it. 

Due to the time elapsed if you haven't used the iPhone on the Vodafone Network it's details may have dropped off their systems so  id suggest to pick up a Vodafone Payg sim and use it for the required 30 days making calls, texts and using data which will put its imei back onto Vodafone systems and then request the unlock. It's free to unlock. 

Or if your still a Vodafone customer then pop your sim back in it and use If to make calls, texts etc. 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.
 Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. (Check Spam Inboxes too)
 Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.
 Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.
 From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

How-do-I-unlock-my-phone-or-tablet-to-use-on-another-network.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply, when I first got the phone I used a 02 sim card on it, unfortunately its now locked to the first sim which is 02 therefore can't put in the Vodafone sim card. Is there any other way of doing it?

63johnw

Hi @Anonymous as it's locked to O2 Vodafone won't be able to help, you need to contact O2 for help unlocking.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Anonymous

Unfortunately your not the first to experience this situation. 

You'd need to follow o2's criteria > Here <  to unlock it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.