Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Leaving the country

LaurenByrnes
1: Seeker
hi, im leaving the country for 9 weeks from may 25th to August 5th... i was wondering if it possible to put my contract in hold again as this was done for me last year.. then the 2 extra months were added to the end of my contract...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hello Lauren

This would not be possible.  The following previous thread will answer your question

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Services/Suspension-of-account-whilst-abroad/td-p/697425

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You shouldn't even be considering this option. You need to make arrangements to pay this money ASAP.  Call the Collections Team as advised by AnnS a few posts up and discuss your options. 

PWIAC

yess i will call them n see to my options. thankyou for your support.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
It is unlikely that they will chase you overseas, but!
Your service will probably be disconnected well before you reach the three month stage.
You will pay a hefty reconnection charge
You will have a default notice on your credit account for all credit checking agencies to see .
You will find it difficult getting a loan from any bank
You will find it almost impossible to get any sort of credit.
If you have to pay a collection agency you may find that their charges exceed your phone bill by many times.

As already advised it would be best to get someone you trust to assume responsibly for the account or you may well find yourself stranded overseas with no phone service and a nasty shock awaiting you on your return.