main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

iOS

London Underground WiFi with Iphone XS

2: Seeker

Hi there,

I have recently upgraded my Iphone 6 to an XS, and since then I haven't been able to connect to Vodafone WiFi while waiting at the tube stations. As I choose the Vodafone WiFi, I get asked for username and password. While the details are correct, I get the screen "Unable to join the network VodafoneWiFi"

I have called Vodafone few times but both times the operator assured me that there are not limits in my plan, and asked me to just switch on and off the device (yes, really) but obviously it didn't work.

Any other person with the same problem? Please HELP!

As I live in a bit of a rough part of town, I was used to book my Uber drive at night as soon as I would arrive in the station, to have the car almost ready as soon as I came out of it. So as you can imagine I'm finding this quite frustrating now

Thanks so much in advance

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
Administrator

@Danimeloni It's a shame to see the London Underground WiFi has stopped working, especially when you rely on it. So we're able to have a check on your account and see how we're able to fix this, please get in touch using the link in my private message

View more options

I have also had this problem since changing my iPhone 7 to an iPhone XS.

initally I did the network resets and also changed the certification of my phone as it was hooked via my work WiFi and it came good. However since 19th November 2018 it’s not connecting at all to WiFi and asking for user name and password and then not working. It started working again on 20th November for a short time and then stopped working. Vodafone rep said do network reset and use virgin media WiFi in the mean time which he said was the same password and user name. That does not work either.

Third hand info with the word on the street is that the WiFi network for Vodafone is down. Can this be fixed as it’s an important service that should be functioning at every station and the fall back of virgin media should be automatic not a log in and it should also work but tht doesn’t. Please fix this as it affects any ability to contact me when I’m using the London underground network. Thanks 

View more options

The Vodafone London Underground network hasn't been down and is currently working correctly @Hayleyh1. I'm sorry to hear you've been given incorrect information about this and are still unable to connect. So we can take a look into the issue you're experiencing and help get you up and running again, please get in touch by following the link in the private message I've sent you and we'll be in touch.

View more options
1: Seeker

I have the same issue. What's the fix?

View more options

Wish I knew. It’s just starting working again I didn’t do anything but glad it’s back to functioning again.

View more options

I'm having the exact same issue with my new iPhone XS. When I popped in the sim card, at first it worked fine, but now is asking me for a user name and password to connect to the Vodafone hotspot (I assume my SIM is not authenticating). I'm able to connect to the Virgin hotspot and login using my Vodafone details (which is a pain to always do), so am hoping someone can help me fix this.

Thanks 

View more options
Administrator

@cvon @davesuperman If you're both still having a trouble accessing the London Underground WiFi, please get in touch using the link in my private message. We'll then be able to check your account on our side. 

View more options

I also have their problem... please can you help? It’s very frustrating having used it previously with no issues on my old phone. 

Thanks

Hannah

View more options

Of course @Pood64, I'll be more than happy to take a look into the problems you're having accessing the London Underground WiFi. So I can access your account, I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch directly. 

View more options