Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost Data connection following Vodafone to Vodafone number porting

beardymarcus
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all, 

I ported my old (Vodafone) contract number to my new (Vodafone) sim over the weekend after waiting for a month for the previous contract to be converted to PAYG. (new sim has been active and working fine on temporary number for a month). Following the transfer I got a message pop up on my phone to say "your network provider has cancelled your data connection". I called 191 and was advised that the connection can take up to 24 hours to transfer. I patiently waited (restarting my handset several times) but I'm still without any data connection. 

I've spoken to several people on live chat but not getting anywhere.  

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @beardymarcus 

I suspect your problem here may be due to numbers not porting or transferring over a weekend and the data connection has not completed and should transfer over later today.

When the number moved to PAYG and you transferred the number to your new pay monthly contract you should have been able to use the same SIM card.  Try texting WEB to 40127, this will configure your APN settings and download the data settings to your phone.  Also try synchronising to itunes.

If your data is not working late this afternoon, try live chat or Customer Services for quick help and support or follow this link:  Contact Us

Hi, still can't connect to data. Spent over an hour with live chat support last night until the chat dropped out (presumably) due to inactivity. Now entering my third day without the data connection which I'm paying for. 

I tweeted this conversation to @vodafoneuk but no reply yet (tweet sent around 5pm yesterday. 

Apparently the issue is something do do with my account not fully transferring following the number transfer. 

How can I go about getting this resolved please? I need to be able to access data by the weekend at very latest. 

AnnS

Hi @beardymarcus 

If you Tweeted last night you this will be picked up by the Team later today.

Don't worry.  By coming to the forum you have found the best place to get this solved.

One response from the Twitter Team at 9am. I responded immediately via DM as requested and DMs seem to be being ignored. I've spoken to at least 10 Vodafone employees either on the phone or IM over the last few days trying to get my issue resolved and still seem to be getting nowhere.

I raised again with Live chat this morning and have been advised that the isuse has been "escalated with the relevant area" leaving me (again) waiting for several hours to see if it's going to be resolved...

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I've found your post @beardymarcus - it's great to see everything's been sorted for you! Sorry it took longer than it should have to be resolved. If there's anything else you need help with, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.