Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile data not working

Simone1993
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey 

for the last three days I have not been able to access internet on my phone unless I'm connected to wifi I have tried to call customer service and I haven't been able to get through I spoke to the agents online and they haven't been able to help. I'm currently working in Spain and I have an iPhone 5 and it's on pays as you go I've switched off this phone on and off multiple times taken the sim card out changed the APN settings and nothing seems to be working anyone have a solution for me?

3 REPLIES 3

redpages
17: Community Champion

A couple of questions which should help the team troubleshoot this for you:

• Are you able to make calls and send texts?
  • What does it say on the top of your phone? (where it usually says Vodafone 4G / 3G when you're in the UK)
  • In Settings > Mobile Data what does it say next to Mobile Data Options? - Here you'd need to have mobile data roaming switched on for it to work abroad
  • Do you know any other Vodafone UK customers in the same area? Are they having problems (This would let you work out if it's a network problem or an isolated one related to your phone / SIM)

Beyond that it could be an issue with your SIM or how you're provisioned on the network. The Vodafone forum team should be able to advise you on that.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Simone1993

Did the Data part work before in Spain ?

Try turning your phone Off and On to Soft Reset it. 

Try going into the phones reset settings and reset network settings. 

Try holding the Power and HomeButton together until the Apple Logo appears and let go. 

Sometimes I've come across posts where things have stopped working because some kind of data bar has somehow become activated in the persons online  myvodafone or a data cap has kicked in. 

Can you Try manually choosing another network in your phone settings. 

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone. If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hey 

the data was working fine before just all of a sudden it's stopped working and okay thanks for all of those suggestions I will try and see if they work thank you