Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile shows 4G signal but no internet access

docrox22
3: Seeker

Hi,

My iphone 6s suddenly stopped accessing internet using my data package.  The phone shows full signal with 4G and I've checked and there's not a network issue.  

I've phoned 191 and followed their advice - rebooted my phone, reset network settings, reinstalled the APN profile - but still doesn't work.  I went into a vodafone store but all they could suggest was a new SIM card.  That hasn't helped.

Weirdly it happened 30mins after I had to phone 191 to make sure I didn't lose my entertainment pack.  Not sure if the call assistant has done something to my account settings by mistake but they look ok when I check the vodafone app.

Has anyone got any ideas?  I'm pulling my hair out!!

Thanks 🙂

79 REPLIES 79

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that may be at fault. Try another Sim in your phone. If necessary any Vodafone Shop can replace the Sim Card via a Sim Swap. 

An Apple Store can run a diagnostic on the iPhone. 

Have you tried turning 4G off in the phones settings to see if that helps. 

Also so check in your online myvodafone to see if any relevant account bars have been turned on. 

Look at http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Setting-up-and-using-your-device/Your-phone-s-settings/38913427/How-do...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

docrox22
Hi,

Great thinking. I swapped SIM card with a friend's phone and my iPhone worked fine with full 4G connectivity. When I put my SIM in their phone, no data. So it looks like it's a problem with Vodafone not my hardware.

I've had a new SIM so it's not a SIM issue.

Had phoned Vodafone yesterday but they said there wasn't a bar on my account. Guess I'm going to have to phone back again!

Is there any way to speak to their tech team directly?

Cheers!

Hi @docrox22

This definitely looks like you'll need to speak to us on 191 again. Have you been back through? Any update? 

Cara

docrox22
Hi Cara,

I called 191 and it's been escalated to the price plan team. Seems plausible as it happened 6months exactly from when I took out my current contract. Frustratingly they said that it would take 3-5 working days before they could come back to me. Is there any way to escalate further? It's a real issue not having internet access on the move as I rely on it for work emails etc.

Thanks for your response!

Hi @docrox22

Thanks for the update on this, you'll need to wait the 3-5 working days before anything more can be done, fingers crossed no further action will need to be taken after this though. Please come back and let us know how you get on when you have another update, I completely understand your frustration and I apologise. 

Cara

TK333
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi just wondering if this got resolved and if so, what was the cause / how was it sorted! Having exactly the same issue and getting a bit frustrated having now done 2 SIM swaps, been into 2 stores and onto 191 customer services for almost 2 hours in total 😡. Any advice much appreciated!

Hello @docrox22

I'm happy to hear the problem has been rectified. 

Hello @TK333

Are you still experiencing problems with this? If so, what has our team advised?

Louise

docrox22
Hi, yes I did get it sorted but it took around 6 calls and then a 2hr call with a really good technical guy! So I understand your frustration!!

It turns out that my price plan had been changed (to correct an issue I had with my entertainment pack a few weeks ago though the guy who did it hadn't told me that was the fix he'd applied) and this had led to a conflict as my old plan hadn't been properly deactivated. So to correct it, I had to revert back to my "old" plan, which was a pain as it looks like I've had to pay additional costs to cover their mistake but it did sort it out.

Hope this helps!

Please can you tell me what you have to tell the advisor is actually wrong for them to be able to fix this issue?

i have 4gshowing but nothing working, data ran out so requested ADD 2GB and since then I haven’t had any 4g