Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile shows 4G signal but no internet access

docrox22
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

My iphone 6s suddenly stopped accessing internet using my data package.  The phone shows full signal with 4G and I've checked and there's not a network issue.  

I've phoned 191 and followed their advice - rebooted my phone, reset network settings, reinstalled the APN profile - but still doesn't work.  I went into a vodafone store but all they could suggest was a new SIM card.  That hasn't helped.

Weirdly it happened 30mins after I had to phone 191 to make sure I didn't lose my entertainment pack.  Not sure if the call assistant has done something to my account settings by mistake but they look ok when I check the vodafone app.

Has anyone got any ideas?  I'm pulling my hair out!!

Thanks 🙂

79 REPLIES 79

Hi Natalie,

I’m having the exact same problem as the guys in this thread.

I had an internet add on put on my account. Ever since I have intermittent drops in internet access.

Would you be able to sort this out for me?

many thanks!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'll be happy to help @Dch2005.

So we can take a look into why this may be happening with your data and resolve this for you, please follow the details provided in the private message I've sent to you. 

A member of our team will then be in touch.

Same problem for me

comes up with 

it doesn’t look like your mobile data connection is turned on. Please check and try again.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@spiritwars Thanks for raising this with us. 

So we can help, I've sent a private message to you. Please follow the details I've provided and we'll be in touch to assist you further with your data connection.

Hello, looks like I am having the exact same issue as many already have. I upgraded my plan yesterday from a sum only deal to one with a phone and although the new phone shows full 4G signal I am not receiving any Internet connection. Please can you fix this for me. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems connecting to the internet since you upgraded @ado_boro. So we can look into this for you, please following the instructions in this private message.

Am sadly having exactly the same issue. Phone will not allow me to access mobile network option under settings, more. Instead displays no service message despite having Vodafone UK displayed with 4G. Any help rectifying this would be greatly appreciated

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Viking409 Could you please provide more information on the error you're receiving? - Feel free to send over any screenshots :Smiling:
We'll then be able to advise you further.

Hello

In a nutshell I cannot access the option to turn roaming on or off on my HUAWEI phone. Normally I would enter 'settings' - 'more' - 'Mobile Network' and be given the option to ammend the functions I need. As it stands when 'Mobile Network' is selected instead of opening an options menu the signal bars at the top right of the screen blink out (replaced with a an icon with '!' at its centre), the Vodafone service indicator at the top right of the screen displays 'No Service', and the 'Mobile Network' page refuses to open.

I can still use WI-Fi and at the moment it seems that 4G may be be working although only through the drop down menu on the home screen.

Have restarted, set. Reset internet settings, tried sim in different handsets. Stuation not exactly critical as it is not affecting my phone usage, but would still like to know why I cannot access the 'Mobile Network' page.

Thank you for your speedy reply, and any help in this would be appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Viking409 How strange. So we can investigate this further for you, please confirm which model of Huawei phone you're using.