Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile shows 4G signal but no internet access

docrox22
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

My iphone 6s suddenly stopped accessing internet using my data package.  The phone shows full signal with 4G and I've checked and there's not a network issue.  

I've phoned 191 and followed their advice - rebooted my phone, reset network settings, reinstalled the APN profile - but still doesn't work.  I went into a vodafone store but all they could suggest was a new SIM card.  That hasn't helped.

Weirdly it happened 30mins after I had to phone 191 to make sure I didn't lose my entertainment pack.  Not sure if the call assistant has done something to my account settings by mistake but they look ok when I check the vodafone app.

Has anyone got any ideas?  I'm pulling my hair out!!

Thanks 🙂

79 REPLIES 79

Hi Carly, Could you send me the same link?  I have exsactly the same problem; I'm on my seventh call to Vodafone, 1hr duration each time. No data in Europe at all (France, Germany, Belgium, Poland) although full 4G/3G singal. No bars, tried all dignostics - this also started happening when I upgraded my contract. I tried moving my friends Vodafone sim into my phone and data started working . This has been going on for 2 months with no resolve. Thanks, Sam

I am having the same issue. Phone says I have 4g, but I get no internet access. I have reset phone, network settings and APN details, but it still doesn't work. Other SIM cards work fine. 

Can you help please? 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Darren66 @samoriordan I've sent a private message to you both with details to contact our team directly. 

We'll be in touch as soon as possible once we receive your details.

Hi @Natasha,

I have had this same problem since 24/6/17 (on Android rather than iOS though) and am struggling to get it resolved by Vodafone's third level Tech Support. It's been established that the problem is at Vodafone's end, and not phone dependent.

I ring to progress the matter but get fobbed off with "Oh it's a 4G issue, we are woring to fix networks in your area."

My husband has one digit number different to me, the same phone model and bundle and his mobile data is fine.

Please could you contact me to help as I am despairing getting this sorted after two months!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TigerTots - I’m disappointed to hear how long this has been ongoing for.

So my team can help further, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

I have the same issue in the USA. Phone says 4 G strong signal.   Tried resetting everything.

Phone worked fine for data roaming in Italy last week and Germany week before. 

I had a text from Vodafone telling me I am in one of the roam further destination so I can use myUK plan for £ 5 per day.

tried ringing 191 which was less than useless as the menu option 4 for problems abroad ended up trying to sell me Vodafone international. 

Last time in US 3 months ago I had no problem. 

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@terrier15 Please unsure your phone is set up to use whilst travelling abroad.
Does the issue still continue when you switch your phone to 3G? - You can do this in the settings of your phone.
It may also be worth speaking to our Live Chat team to check everything is as it should be on your account.

This problem has started happening to me since Thursday 23rd. I'm on a £10 big value bundle and my data ran out a day before the bundle ended. I text the number to renew my bundle early which all went through, if I call 2345 it tells me my bundle is active with data available, but I can't actually use any data. No websites or apps that use data will load. I have a 4g icon showing I'm connected, and I've tried my SIM in a different phone and a different SIM in my phone to confirm that it's a problem with my SIM.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd like to look into your data for you @ColonelOfTruth.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details to contact us directly.

A member of our team will then be in touch to discuss this further.

Hi Natasha,

I'm having similar problems with data roaming.  Everything was fine until about a month ago when I returned from a trip to UAE, since then data roaming has not worked (Italy, France, Netherlands).

I've spent a while on live chat, conclusion was to call the Tech Team.  I then spent abnout an hour on the phone with the Tech team, only to be told (incorrectly) my monthly data allowance was almost used up.  I then got passed to the Account team who investigated and told me I had almost all my 20GB allowance left and so that wasn't the problem.  After more investigation, some indicator was found on my account that was blocking service due to my large roaming calls bill from UAE even though the bill had already been paid in full by the usual direct debit.  I was told to take out my SIM and restart in a couple of hours and it would all work.  I did this, restarted the phone several times, but data roaming is still not working.  Can your team please help me resolve this?  I need to get it sorted for my next business trip next (next week).

Thanks!